Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can non scorers stay in the starting XI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can non scorers stay in the starting XI?

Before anyone starts I am simply putting the question out there..

Hulse was fantastic on Saturday, and Jaime Mackie is fast becoming a favourite of mine simply for his desire , effore and workrate.

But... If Hulse is there to score the odd goal and Mackie is creating a few chances and working his nuts off; does there come a time where if Adel doesnt score, that we need a proven scorer in the side.

If we go up, we know how important it is to take the few "real" goalscoring opportunities we get is.

One player playing the Heskey Team role, allowing others to benefit is fine, but if we have 2/3 then are we simply filling a goalscorers place with a trier??

In an ideal world the goals are spread across the offensive players, but we need a scorer to even it out over the season...

When we go up, I just hope we dont have 2/3 team players but no one to finish their chances created...

Kevin Phillips off Hulse would be ideal..Scored a hatrick midweek for brum ressies.

In my opinion Jeffro , an easy question to answer.As long as we are winning and scoring goals from all over park....

We have scored 36 league goals, two more than cardiff....who have "apparently" the best strike force in the league.

Ideally, having a 20 goal a season striker would be great.But, what tneds to happen is that the team then depend on his goals.Once out of team, who do they turn to.

I think at the moment, we are slightly dependant on Adel's skill to win matches.If and when he doesn't play, will we struggle.

As mentioned, Hulse is doing evrything bat socring at moment.He has a good championship record by all accouns, so once he starts scoring,it will help out a lot more.

Should be get Phillips for 1 year.? hell yes?

we need to keep improving all over park.

The league's top scorers and best defence.For the time being,i would answer your question with....at the moment, leave it as it is.I'm sure Neil has a Plan B(Not a Cd mind )

Comment

Spence, the question is aimed more for when we go up. This league , i agree with you.

Comment

Mackie I believe has to score one in three or minimum one in four to justify his place - but with only Hogan Ephraim to challenge him he is not exactly under any pressure for his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
          Spence, the question is aimed more for when we go up. This league , i agree with you.
          -yes I suppose if i read the whole thread....age does that to you i'm afraid Jeffro.

If we go up....i'm not sure but would like to think we were not reliant on just one player to score goals or 1 to create.

Actually - looking forward to see how we perform against Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup third round.May give us a better insight to just how good are team is.I don't want us just to compete, i what to see if we can actually look like a team capable of beating an average premiership club.On that note, i feel that a proven goalscorer would be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Mackie I believe has to score one in three or minimum one in four to justify his place - but with only Hogan Ephraim to challenge him he is not exactly under any pressure for his place.

I think his spurt of goals at the start of the season has given him a problem with some fans. It's expected now.

I would say that he offers so much more to the team, and puts in so much effort and commitment, that I don't think he needs to score goals to justify his place.
            Same with Tommy Smith.

Just my view though.... but I agree that it would be good for him to pop one in, to get that record of games without a goal off his back for a while.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I think if we get Akos fit and available - we have a very good backup for Adel. He would walk into the starting line up of most teams in this division.

He clearly doesn't have the outright skill of Adel (no question on that one) but some parts of his game are stronger, perhaps bringing us a slightly different but also important dimension. I'm thinking particularly of his dead ball skill I guess - which I think is at present superior to Adel's. The one thing with Adel is that he takes all the free kicks / corners when on the park - and overall quality I personally don't think is that great.

It would be impossible to not miss Adel should he be out injured, but in Akos we have lucky in having some pretty gifted cover (when fit!)

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                I think his spurt of goals at the start of the season has given him a problem with some fans. It's expected now.

I would say that he offers so much more to the team, and puts in so much effort and commitment, that I don't think he needs to score goals to justify his place.
                Same with Tommy Smith.

Just my view though.... but I agree that it would be good for him to pop one in, to get that record of games without a goal off his back for a while.
                Based on the matches I have seen,spot on.

When January comes I.E. Petter Vågan Moen will put some pressure on the players above mentioned
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

Same with Tommy Smith.

Not expecting him to carry on at the level he started off with - just said I'd expect him to score at least one in four - when we play one up front and he is meant to be one of our most attacking players I don't think that's unreasonable. And as per the original post don't think you can afford more than one good honest toiler in an advanced position who doesn't score. Yes we are doing exceptionally well goals-wise but the club should be looking to improve constantly, always looking for its next weakest area. As you say, just my opinion and I respect yours and your faith in Mackie. I'm not anti him, just undecided as think he looks a shadow of the player he looked at the start of the season, and not merely in his scoring record but his all round contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Based on the matches I have seen,spot on.

When January comes I.E. Petter Vågan Moen will put some pressure on the players above mentioned
                    å?????

a or o u can't have both
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Not expecting him to carry on at the level he started off with - just said I'd expect him to score at least one in four - when we play one up front and he is meant to be one of our most attacking players I don't think that's unreasonable. And as per the original post don't think you can afford more than one good honest toiler in an advanced position who doesn't score. Yes we are doing exceptionally well goals-wise but the club should be looking to improve constantly, always looking for its next weakest area. As you say, just my opinion and I respect yours and your faith in Mackie. I'm not anti him, just undecided as think he looks a shadow of the player he looked at the start of the season, and not merely in his scoring record but his all round contribution.
                      I know you don't mate, but I get the feeling some do?

And with the team in general... but it was an incredible start for him and the team.
                      Could never keep that up.

Still doing ok though!
                      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        å?????

a or o u can't have both
                        I can!!:pleasantsuprise:
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Paddy Kenny ain't scored all season. ****ing rubbish he is, drop him forthwith!

Comment

toni how u feeling mate?

pleased the lads won but a real shame u missed it.

I hope your on the mend
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              å?????

a or o u can't have both
                              how about ä and ö ! its like å (swedish)

I think that mackie made a pressure on himself and that shows when he miss he got so angry.. he needs to just relax and the goals come by themselves. he had many good 1 to 1 but bottled them! his shot also is not very clever .. it looks like he just passes the ball or pushes it in other words.

Comment

Working...
                              X