Just heard a whisper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard a whisper...

Could we be interested. This could get interesting....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...on-centre-sale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/seealso/2...brief_116.html

The whole site?

23 acres is probably way too much for our needs. However it is doubtful that the site would be sold as 1 lot and we could be in for a quarter to half of it!!!

As you say very interesting!!! Of course the board could buy the whole site and develop part of it and then sell it on to fund the building of a new stadium!
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
      The whole site?

23 acres is probably way too much for our needs. However it is doubtful that the site would be sold as 1 lot and we could be in for a quarter to half of it!!!

As you say very interesting!!! Of course the board could buy the whole site and develop part of it and then sell it on to fund the building of a new stadium!
      Fingers crossed, this could be the beginning of the next stage.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Bernie definitely owns some of that site
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

ive also heard this which also included the Formula 1 moving over to the BBC.

this does sound promising indeed .........

Comment

There was loads kicking about. Bernie by all accounts owns approx 50% of the BBC's land. As part of the deal to move F1 to the BBC I have heard all sorts of storys such as the closer of this deal was the BBC moving most of it's operations to the Manchester area and other things like Bernie also wants to own the first ever Race Course in London. Rumours are rife so I guess we'll have to sit on this one and see what comes of it.

Comment

If the Beeb want to retain some form of TV presence, albeit through independent studios there, there is no way the site is big enough for a 30k stadium, let alone an F1 track and facilities capable of holding 100k spectators. Just a land deal that he can turn a profit on IMO.

Comment

Is a part of what was white city stadium that had a 60k capacity stadium there??.

If so......more than enough room for a 30k all seater.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

No - that ones remaining. Other side of the road where the studios are. Plus the doughnut building is Grade 1 listed so has to stay....

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    No - that ones remaining. Other side of the road where the studios are. Plus the doughnut building is Grade 1 listed so has to stay....
                    Nodge - the site is massive. More than big enough to build a stadium on it. It runs from Wood Lane and includes the BBC Park and the Astroturf pitch I believe.

Also they can keep that Grade 1 listed doughnut part as the main entrance to the Boutique.

Comment

Sorry bit random. How long does it take roughly to build a new stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        Sorry bit random. How long does it take roughly to build a new stadium?

Normally about this long (___________________________________) but sometimes it can be a little longer though (______________________________________________).

Comment

Yeah good point dazzer, I have heard wickes can do it in about 6 weeks.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Yeah good point dazzer, I have heard wickes can do it in about 6 weeks.
                            Ikea's quicker and normally you only need a small screwdriver or one of them key things that comes with all the boxes.

Comment

So I hope that has helped answer your question Ric
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X