Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only 150 More Turned Up Today/Than Against Preston 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 150 More Turned Up Today/Than Against Preston 2007?

When we were struggling back then?

Any reason for it do you think?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Lets be honest if you could only afford to do one of these two home games which would you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
      Lets be honest if you could only afford to do one of these two home games which would you choose?
      I think it shows that we have a small hardcore/regular support and the glory hunters turn out for the big games.

I sit in X block and i would say a good 50% of the people around me are either foreign or people i would consider casual fans.

Comment

That game against Preston we played on a Tuesday and 3 days before we played WBA at home, with 14,000 watching the game
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The stadium announcer said it was 13 thousand something then he said it was 14 thousand something.But the scoreboard had 13 thousand something on it.

Comment

we aint glory hunters ,just got to pick what games we can afford to go to in these hard times,if you had limited funds would you go to preston or cardiff ,99.99 would choose cardiff ,dont like to be called a glory hunter when ive been following the r,s for 34yrs and can only afford limited number of games a season

Comment

Originally posted by superhoops1962 View Post
              we aint glory hunters ,just got to pick what games we can afford to go to in these hard times,if you had limited funds would you go to preston or cardiff ,99.99 would choose cardiff ,dont like to be called a glory hunter when ive been following the r,s for 34yrs and can only afford limited number of games a season
              Very sad that our prices make it hard for you.
              See the thread about price rises in the Prem?
              There will be a lot more fans who have to cherry pick if Rangers follow the Arsenal model (and with Bernie being an Arsenal fan, I fear we will. Or is he Chelsea? Much the same).
              No wonder the atmosphere's deteriorating, even with us being at the top of the table.
              We are already seeing the Johnny-Come-Latelys and the foreign tourists looking for an English football match to visit -- none of those are going to make any noise, and haven't got the passion that long-standing fans have.
              Last edited by swanleyhoop; 21-11-2010, 10:38 AM.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

another way of looking at is that a lot of fans became disillusioned over the past couple of years and decided to no longer go along and watch QPR. The corresponding game one season ago was played on a Saturday in October and only had 12810 fans. Yesterday's attandance was 13505 so the fans are coming back, however, I do believe we have a lot of floating fans who pick and choose who they want to come and see. To be fair, many of them are a pain in the backside when they attend as they talk drivel. Boxing Day is normally the favourite day for these people.

Comment

attendences are down across the football league, added to which our highish prices, hardly surprising.

Comment

Amazed that there are any "floating" fans with money to spend on a Saturday to be honest. Priority at the moment surely has to be:

i) earn as much as you can
                    ii) save as much as you can
                    iii) ffs don't spend if you don't have to

Tickets, travel expense for me plus son mean there would not be anything left out of £50 and that's without buying food, drink, programmes or anything else. There's a lot of things I can do with that £50 and sadly the realities of life at the moment mean QPR aren't at the top of that list. This isn't a rant about ticket prices cos if it only cost me £25 altogether there's still other necessities I could be spending on instead.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one in a similar position.

Comment

Costs me £200 for myself, wife and 2 kids to go to a home game (£150 if my wife and daughter dont fancy it)....probably going to miss more games this season than previous seasons
                      but not a lot i can do about it. Priorities and all that........

Comment

all this rubbish about "johnny come lateleys" is utter rubbish. We have had the same gates for every year (bar one) in the last 20. Don't make me post the stats again.

I have been watching QPR over 30 years and the atmosphere and crowds, taking terrace removal into account, were not a lot better in these mysterious good old days.

We haven't got a lot of fans - get over it for christ sake. If we had a full house everyone on here would say it was full of glory hunters.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                          all this rubbish about "johnny come lateleys" is utter rubbish. We have had the same gates for every year (bar one) in the last 20. Don't make me post the stats again.

I have been watching QPR over 30 years and the atmosphere and crowds, taking terrace removal into account, were not a lot better in these mysterious good old days.

We haven't got a lot of fans - get over it for christ sake. If we had a full house everyone on here would say it was full of glory hunters.

Comment

the recession has had a major impact on peoples lives, not many can afford now what they could afford then.

and we are a small club with a small fanbase but that doesn't bother me at all. I find it funny when other fans laugh at our attendence - I'm like so what, doesn't bother me, the only stat that bothers me is the one that shows we are top of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Raj View Post
                              ...the only stat that bothers me is the one that shows we are top of the league.
                              well siad Raj
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X