Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 corners!

WTF!

When was the last time we won that many in a game?!

Alarming thing is we never looked like scoring from one of them and rarely ever do from set peices going backs years.

Last time we were potent from set pieces was when Gino took them

Comment

We have scored from corners this season. Orr's V Scunny and Dave via Connors at Brizzle City spring to mind.

But fair comment from 17, we should bury at least 1.
      I think Gorkss was closest with an effort cleared off the line, just after their keeper made a good save.

At least we varied it more today, plenty of far post corners. An improvement in my mind as we too often fail to beat the 1st man.

Comment

But with some sides when they get a set piece or corner you think goal i.e. Stoke, Man Utd, Chelsea but when we have one im never on the edge of my seat cause more often then not we cant beat the first man, as you rightly raise.

Comment

Under Dowie, most of our goals were from set-pieces.
          Scored quite a few from set pieces this term tbf, Gorkss brace against Donny, think our set-pieces under Warnock are quite effective and can are worked on in training with the movement, runs etc. Even Hills had a couple cleared off the line!

Comment

to be fair, we did not play that well. Our defence today lacked assertiveness at times, reason for OG. Even though we battered Preston. Should have been 6 or 7 at the end

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              WTF!

When was the last time we won that many in a game?!
              yeah, that stat jumped out at me, too, makes me think we can score 5 per game if we keep that up..well have a good week and smile at strangers.
              We Are Qpr, We Are QPR!

Comment

Working...
              X