Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Wilkins...

Has left Chelsea.

Non-QPR, I suppose. But, it's a shame the way he's viewed by most QPR fans.
    Apart from how appalingly he spent the money we got for Sir Les, he was superb for us as a player and manager. The seasons before we went down were some of the best.

But he's judged on that single season in '96, which is fair enough... because we're still paying for it.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Did it say why? Perhaps Carlo can spealk English now and they domn't need his translation service.

Don't like him for the reasons you say. The thing that sticks most in my gut is it was so easy to get right (we'd had a free fall the season before when Les was out to give the clearest clue that no amount of money would plug the gap selling him would cause) and then he just bought in tired old mates of his.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
      Did it say why? Perhaps Carlo can spealk English now and they domn't need his translation service.

Don't like him for the reasons you say. The thing that sticks most in my gut is it was so easy to get right (we'd had a free fall the season before when Les was out to give the clearest clue that no amount of money would plug the gap selling him would cause) and then he just bought in tired old mates of his.
      Not really.

Maybe he's just not "super" enough for them anymore.
      Or smashing, or marvelous.

WILKINS LEAVES CHELSEA
      Posted on: Thu 11 Nov 2010

Chelsea Football Club chief executive Ron Gourlay has announced today that the board has decided not to renew Ray Wilkins' contract. This will take effect immediately.

Gourlay said: 'On behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank Ray for everything he has done for Chelsea Football Club. We all wish him well for the future.'
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

That man has been robbing a living for years.

Comment

so true that. million pound a year interpretor.

Comment

I think he would describe his dismissal as "Unfortunate."

Used to hate him using that phrase after every dismal defeat, sending off, missed sitter etc. :angry: Still does it nowadays too.

Comment

Great player dreadful manager. I still haven't forgiven him on not such selling Sir Les but for waisting every single pence on over age over paid injured folking waisters. Ray u we're a great player but thats as far as it goes.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

so who will put cones out on the chelsea training ground now???

Comment

Remember him having contacts at Palace and all he could get us was Simon Osborne.

Not to mention Ned Zelic - after seeing him on video, eh?

Mark "1 goal" Hateley.

Sorry, am getting too annoyed now.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post

Freefall? We ended 8th and won more % of games with Les not in the side!

Comment

I just like to remember him as a player for us! I'll never forget the FA Cup QF in 1990 that I attended at LR! He gave one of the most dominating midfield performances I have ever seen against Liverpool!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Would have got us promoted had the charlatan Wright not insisted on poking his nose in.

Also, his hands were tied by Thompson with the Ferdinand money. Wilkins was badly let down.

Comment

[QUOTE=Goddard;477910]Not really.

Maybe he's just not "super" enough for them anymore.
                          Or smashing, or marvelous.

Funniest thing I've seen all day

Comment

Question now is where will he end up and what would happen if we were linked with him again in any roll?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Question now is where will he end up and what would happen if we were linked with him again in any roll?
                              Could it be a sausage one??
                              I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Working...
                              X