The Sun newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sun newspaper

" Rangers bruised, battered and bewildered Brian McDermott's Royals in a brutal encounter." Is this true, or was I watching another game ?

Yes rumour is we battered them and won 3-1.

Comment

This line from Reading midfielder Jem Karacan made me laugh;

'What was going on out there was shocking. There were elbows flying about'

Welcome to the big boys game Jem. Bellend.

He must of conveniently forgot to mention the abuse Adel was getting from his team.

Comment

But the sun is saying it as if we battered them physically as opposed technically which of course is untrue.

Comment

Its about time we started getting ugly with teams,god knows weve been on the recieving end of for about 15years.

Comment

yep, im delighted. even back in the days we were good we were always seen as a bit of a soft touch, prone to conceding that 94th minute equaliser after being muscled off a ball. If we start to get a reputation for being tough and nasty, bring it on. BTW, didn't think we were any worse than Reading tbh as they seemed to get away with a huge number of agricultural fouls on our galacticos - but maybe I was watching a different match.

Comment

In fairness, we had 2 or 3 booked and the only player sent off.

It was a fairly physical game and although I don't agree with Derry's booking and Mills not getting a 2nd yellow and the Ref was whistle happy, it WAS a fairly physical game.

And we gave as good as we got if not more.
              NW's team always do.

The reporter's downfall was to quote the Reading player and not mention the dominance and football quality and elaborate on the goals. (he doesn't even credit the quality of theirs.)

To be fair, Monday's reports are required to offer something different to Sundays. It's just the way it is. It's why you'll get more player quotes (Smith & Reading player) than Manager quotes.
              Monday's rag want another angle / story.

Don't take it personal, or don't buy/read The Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                In fairness, we had 2 or 3 booked and the only player sent off.

It was a fairly physical game and although I don't agree with Derry's booking and Mills not getting a 2nd yellow and the Ref was whistle happy, it WAS a fairly physical game.

And we gave as good as we got if not more.
                NW's team always do.

The reporter's downfall was to quote the Reading player and not mention the dominance and football quality and elaborate on the goals. (he doesn't even credit the quality of theirs.)

To be fair, Monday's reports are required to offer something different to Sundays. It's just the way it is. It's why you'll get more player quotes (Smith & Reading player) than Manager quotes.
                Monday's rag want another angle / story.

Don't take it personal, or don't buy/read The Sun.
                So, you agree it was a "brutal" game then ?

Comment

No, not brutal.
                  But physical. Yes.
                  I'd have thought that much was obvious with the number of cards (red & yellow) shown.

Did you think it was just handbags then ?

The headline was based more around the Reading player's quote.

As it happens I know the reporter. In fact, I met him before the game in the Springbok and we discussed how the 1st part of his report would be based around Taraabt.

To be clear, I'd much prefer to read about how we dominated them before and after the red card, and played the best football and the individual skill that earnt and scored the 1st, the sublime passing move that produced the 2nd and the brilliant free kick and save that led to our 3rd. Let's not forget theirs was also a great finish.

But if you want that, check all the Sunday's reports.
                  Give Monday's Sun a wide berth for the reasons already mentioned.

PS. Same reporter covered our game v S****horpe and he was very complimentary on the Monday after.

Comment

Sorry for delay in responding, watching Se7en. What an incredible film.
                    Some might call it 'brutal' at times.

Comment

I was there, and it was physical, but certainly not dirty.
                      Be nice to Minty

Comment

Agreed Minty, and I didn't see any of the elbows their player refers to, but I did see a few of their players go down holding their faces at times.

Anyway time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                        X