Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Flavio get his dream of us being promoted on the cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Flavio get his dream of us being promoted on the cheap?

Serious question,

"If some how, we can stay in the top 2, courtesy of Warnock's exceptional management and hard graft from they player's; without spending much money, do you think that is the route Flavio will take, Ie will he carry on as now and NOT spend?"

In my opinion, I think if we are in top 2 come January, most sides would push forward, spend another couple of mill to really cement an automatic place.

I think the opposite will be the case with Flav. The longer the season goes on and the longer we remain around the top places, without buying a decent striker which we have needed since Paul Furlong; I think Flavio will try and wing it and get us up will pretty much the current squad, bar a few freebies and loans.

This way his outlay if minimal, he can sell his shares in the premiership for a far greater profit.

His way has always been NOT to spend but to do it the cheap way..

I wonder what Neil will want in January, and if he says
    " A few million now on player's and I will get you up "

but is refused this, would it cause issues????

Well what FB knows about football has been plain to see on past evidence, and if Neil asks we'll never know, unless it's positive. FB is still an idiot anyway, going on recent talk about a possible new manager

Comment

Problem is Steve, Flavio pulls all the strings, despite the Amit/Ishan cover up.
      If he didnt,
      a) They would have come out and put right his " We own 70% quote"
      b) Paladini wouldn't be at the club as he serves no real purpose

Comment

What I can see coming if we go up, is that Flav will want the prices to rocket, on the basis, that if you won't pay, someone else will. The sooner he goes the better, too arrogant for us.

Comment

Not so sure if they are trying to do things on the cheap, this club is costing them quite a lot to run each month I read somewhere.

Comment

For all his faults Flavio is an astute businessman. He hasn't got to where he is today by chance. He's not doing things 'on the cheap' as he and Bernie are bankrolling us every month.

With regard to transfers, if you watch NW press conference from last week when he commented on Portsmouth he said that he didn't know how Pompey are getting away with things as QPR could not afford Kitson's wage demands. I think if NW wanted £2m for one player he would get it, but if a player wants £100k per week wages, then Flavio etc would say no. Only my opinion though.
            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
              For all his faults Flavio is an astute businessman. He hasn't got to where he is today by chance. He's not doing things 'on the cheap' as he and Bernie are bankrolling us every month.

With regard to transfers, if you watch NW press conference from last week when he commented on Portsmouth he said that he didn't know how Pompey are getting away with things as QPR could not afford Kitson's wage demands. I think if NW wanted £2m for one player he would get it, but if a player wants £100k per week wages, then Flavio etc would say no. Only my opinion though.
              Seemed the oppoostie to me; low or no transfer fee and huge wages; Agyemeng, Mahon, Hall, Vine.

Comment

Jeffro - I know what you mean, but all those players came in prior to NW and the change in chairmanship. I think FB has learn't a lesson here and now keeps out of negotiations, but still ultimately holds some of the purse strings.
                22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

my major worry is that if we do not go up this year, warnock will throw a strop cos of lack of backing and flase promises, then he will bigger off to swansea/liecester.
                  then flav and bernie will of had enough looking at another season of mid table/relegation problems next season that costs them 3 mill a month between them, so they could b.ugger off as well, and then we are majorly up shite creek without a paddle, and could even collapse.
                  thats why im so convinced we NEED promotion this season more than anyone realises.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    Seemed the oppoostie to me; low or no transfer fee and huge wages; Agyemeng, Mahon, Hall, Vine.
                    Think we have to stop going round and round in circles regarding Hall and co's wages etc. Back then we were dire and all of those players on paper were much better than what we had. We were desperate at the time and sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Vine was a big success when on loan and at the time was with a Premiership club, Hall was good enough to play for any Championship side too and in fairness to Mahon he hasn't been that bad of a player for us overall. Agyemang for me was the only real weird signing, but there was no one else available who would come to QPR and his bumper contract was only because if we never improved on Charlton's offer then he would have gone there. We can all look at failings in our own lives and I'm sure we could all make better decisions on the paths we've taken if perhaps we would of sat back and thought about things more properly given time, but back then we were pretty much dead and buried.

Thy players we have wouldn't be here if the likes of FB and Co. never come in. Don't get me wrong I'm not happy about that orange faced fat tw@t being at QPR but there is a lot of good that has happened thanks to him. In life we always remember the negatives and often overlook the positives. I just hope he keeps his ore out of NW business and leave him to work his magic. If that happens then we'll be a better club in the long run and given our London location some bigger fish will move him aside, don't worry about that! For now, enjoy the ride and get behind the team on the pitch.
                    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 03-11-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Dazzer what if Neil want money in January as promised before all this ownership problems arose? Flavio says "No"...

We have a problem..

Look through your tinted glasses much as you like but it is a very realistic problem...

Are you going reading? Me , Dan and Dave going.

Comment

Serious question,

"If some how, we can stay in the top 2, courtesy of Warnock's exceptional management and hard graft from they player's; without spending much money, do you think that is the route Flavio will take, Ie will he carry on as now and NOT spend?"

In my opinion, I think if we are in top 2 come January, most sides would push forward, spend another couple of mill to really cement an automatic place.

I think the opposite will be the case with Flav. The longer the season goes on and the longer we remain around the top places, without buying a decent striker which we have needed since Paul Furlong; I think Flavio will try and wing it and get us up will pretty much the current squad, bar a few freebies and loans.

This way his outlay if minimal, he can sell his shares in the premiership for a far greater profit.

His way has always been NOT to spend but to do it the cheap way..

I wonder what Neil will want in January, and if he says
                        " A few million now on player's and I will get you up "

but is refused this, would it cause issues????

I think you're right.I may be shot down in flames,but I think Hulse is a very ordinary striker.A non-prolific journeyman who has been acquired on the cheap.Not the sort we desperately require to help get us to the Prem.
                        Whilst Tommy Smith again is not prolific,he's more versatile and what little we've seen of him looks very promising,but at this moment in time I believe he is still on loan with an option to buy in January.This worries me as I wonder if Briatorie and Co.will provide over £1m+ to effect the deal.You'd think that with just a couple of months to go,NW would want to play Smith as often as he can (not just 10 mins at the end of each game) to demonstate what he's capable of.

Comment

i think you can safely say pompey have been paid in full for smith. he is a rangers palyer, it was only paperwork that stopped it going through. the deals done imho.

Comment

The lack of activatey and refusal to match a team who has gone bust, striking power is worrying.
                            Something doesn't sit right with that.

Comment

Dazzer what if Neil want money in January as promised before all this ownership problems arose? Flavio says "No"...

We have a problem..

Look through your tinted glasses much as you like but it is a very realistic problem...

Are you going reading? Me , Dan and Dave going.
                              I am going Reading but wont sit with you lot as my tinted glasses will reflect the sun back onto the pitch from your location and I wouldn't want the players blaming me for a poor performance because of this

Comment

Working...
                              X