QPR stole my Facebook page!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR stole my Facebook page!

QPR stole my facebook fan page! I received an email from facebook and the attached notification Fair enough as I can understand the club wanting to manage this marketing channel. But would have been nice to receive an email from QPR's marketing department and I would have willingly transferred the ownership opposed to the abrupt automated notification ..just a fan at the end of the day!

Offically run by QPR now: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...59610617403169

I agree with you that is a bit cheeky, I would contact the club for an explanation.

Comment

set up another as cue P R ,nothing stopping that.Thats just bullying IMO.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Blimey, why couldn't they have set up their own page??

Comment

In fairness you're not allowed to setup branded fan page unless you are that brand. But regardless I accrued them over 4,500 'facebook fans' so would have been nice if they'd offered me a ticket to a home game or similar - good PR and all that.

Comment

Shame really, but it does belong to QPR..
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Er no..........that's rubbish. I would make a stink out of that.
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Shame really, but it does belong to QPR..
                How so?

Think it's a bleeding cheek they come and hijack someone else's page/site and claim it as their own.
                Work is the curse of the drinking classes. -Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr76 View Post
                  In fairness you're not allowed to setup branded fan page unless you are that brand. But regardless I accrued them over 4,500 'facebook fans' so would have been nice if they'd offered me a ticket to a home game or similar - good PR and all that.
                  That's a bit harsh, only if you had unofficial QPR site or something else instead of QPR FC.

I agree with you, they should have sorted you out with something at least but it goes to show you did something right and it was done well, so be proud.

Comment

Surely the 4000+ people you attracted to your page should of been notified by The Facebook Team, that it was changing hands?
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

In all fairness they should have given you some form of dispensation for accumulating 4896 FB fans for them - work they would otherwise have had to do themselves.

Very harsh IMO and bad PR for them now that you have rightly brought it people's attention on here.

Comment

Hmm...

Club own the IP rights to the name and the brand, so no complaints there. There should have been a gesture of goodwill for the 4k list, which has effectively given them another 4k data records to market to. On the flip side, dealing with FB is an absolute nightmare and they don't provide one ounce of assistance unless you threaten them with legal obligations

Comment

Working...
                        X