• Show
Clear All

• Players needed by January

Loan: Jermaine Beckford - Everton

Buy: Chris Commons - Derby
    Buy: Danny Graham - Watford
    Buy: Adam Llanna - Soton

Sell: Vine, Legs, Clarke,

We could get all 4 of those for under 3 million.
    COmmoms out of contract- 750k, Graham 1 mill, Llanna 1 mil.

Need fire power.

On Danny Graham I believe that we would not get him for less than 2.5 mill and depends on where Watford are in the table

Comment

See If it was me would swap mackie for beckford and get some cash , and would try newcastles hand on getting routledge on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        Loan: Jermaine Beckford - Everton

Buy: Chris Commons - Derby
        Buy: Danny Graham - Watford
        Buy: Adam Llanna - Soton

Sell: Vine, Legs, Clarke,

We could get all 4 of those for under 3 million.
        COmmoms out of contract- 750k, Graham 1 mill, Llanna 1 mil.

Need fire power.
        Not a bad bunch of players that would definately improve us.

I also agree and feel we need 2 new strikers. Graham would be decent and Beckfords pace is something we desperately need. Commons I am also a big fan. I don't know much about the southampton player but a pacy winger would be good. I'd try and loan WR as I think he is dangerous at this level.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
          See If it was me would swap mackie for beckford and get some cash , and would try newcastles hand on getting routledge on loan.
          That would not be bad

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
            But would he want to come back here? Although I have noticed he is no longer 1st choice for them in Premiership games. Hasn't even got off the bench for their last 2 games v West Ham and Sunderland.

Comment

Routs is one of those types of players unfortunately. Too good for this level, yet not good enough for the Prem. A loan would be nice, but I certainly wouldn't risk buying him.

Can't see that, nor Beckford happening though, to be completely honest.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Beckford I can see happening but not related to Mackie.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Beckford I can see happening but not related to Mackie.
                  Never had a reason to doubt your opinions mate, so I hope you're right. I know you're not his biggest fan, but I think he'd be superb for us. The only downside would be him and Taarabt in competition for who's the main man. I think that would mean more to them that the teams fortunes.

I know some won't agree, but it's the way I see it. Two bis ego's are far harder to manage than the one.

Comment

Beckford and Commons could be just what we need. Good additions.
                    Lonesome is being an R's fan on the prairies Always QPR!

Comment

I think we need a little man to play off Hulse or Helguson. Although I do believe H & H could play together (in the same way Ebanks-Blake and Iwelumo did for Wolves a couple of seasons ago). Someone like Simon Cox or even Martin Paterson (Burnley fans I know have no idea why Laws isn't playing him) would be a useful asset to have.

I'm a bit of a fan of Lewis McGugan and think he could play the Derry role but also chip in with goals (7 in 12 this season). I think we are lacking a Kevin Nolan type player and McGugan fits the bill. Also at 22 I think he is the type of player who is only going to get better and could make the step up if we made it to the Premiership.

Comment

I see you didnt include Georgios Tofas in that list Jeffro...

tut tut.

Personally i think the board saw this thread and decided they must act now.

Gianni on the phone to Neil "heyyya a neil, a Jeffero is arighta, we a can not a wait till january"...
                        Last edited by Youvebeenrangered; 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM.
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

All good suggestions. But will the boad have that much ambition? Not convinced.

BTW Watford released their accounts today and it states that they will have to continue to sell players to balance their books.

Comment

Danny Graham...Yes please.

Comment

Working...
                            X