My view on the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My view on the game

First half- Taarabt wondergoal, kenny good double save (caused by taarabt milking a fair tackle) and the penalty main things in first half (NEVER a penalty). Eagles got a lot of abuse from the crowd because he got booked for diving in the 1st half and was took off at half time to avoid him getting sent off because he was close to getting a second yellow. Hulse playing poor, everyone falling over on the wet pitch and iwelumo is bullying our defenders.

Second half - constant route 1, got some chances but fluffed them all. Ageymang was inches away and mackie missed in the last minute from a great shot. We need a goal, who do we bring on? Ageymang and clarke. Ephraim never touched the ball and walker grew into the game as it went on. We won no headers at all, even after iwelumo went off. The p*sshead had an easy game and he won every header.

Individuals -

Kenny - good game, wound up eagles to try and get him sent off. As I said he made a double save after he spilled the first shot.

Walker - solid going forward near the end but he was a bit quiet

Gorkks - phone childline gorkks, your being bullied

Connolly - unlucky for the penalty but was bullied by iwelumo

Hill - ok, hacked down there player and got a yellow. Ok but lacked composure

Derry - mediocre, good leader.

Faurlin - less than average, not lived up to his old form

Taarabt - wonderstrike for the goal, he is improving. Keeps falling over from stupid tackles though

Ephraim - was he even playing?

Mackie - he really did try, almost equaled taarabts goal at the end

Hulse - didn't win a header and p*sshead has him in his pocket. Bring back helguson.

Subs

Smith - yet again not enough time to impress

Ageymang - ok, couple of chances including a header he could have scored if he was an inch taller

Clarke - I only remember him touching the ball once

Overall we should be grateful for a point. Although the pitch was wet, just look at their bench compared to ours to see the difference in quality. Why did people give eagles so much stick? Yes he dived but taarabt did it three times in the first half and one of them led to him getting bailed out by kenny. They are streets ahead of us in terms of class. I hope we improve the squad because today we didn't win a header and we were slower than them. Oh well, next saturdays another chance.

Onwards and upwards.
    Last edited by DelTrotter; 30-10-2010, 06:43 PM.

Derry was not meiocre fist half he did a great job, agree Ephraim was a waste smith need s to start!
    “You can keep that silly fat w@nker. The lads can't lift him”

Comment

Thanks for the update.But If we constantly turn to route 1 style when we struggle, it really baffles me.
      I really still cant see a plan B. Smith on for the few last minutes doesnt really count, if you ask me.
      Last edited by Shania; 30-10-2010, 06:53 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post

Smith - yet again not enough time to impress
        did you stay till the end? smith fired in some good balls and almost scored a cracking goal in injury time, the boy needs to start the next match

Comment

Yeah I stayed, I mean he over tries in the time he comes on to try and impress but he doesn't get enough time. He needs to start, he was good when he came on but if he wants to properly impress he needs more than 10 minutes

Comment

Wow, 1-1 with only 10 men? Great result that

Comment

Walker good going forward? He hardly attacked at all

Comment

Near the end he was bombing down the wing...first 80 he didn't. I've added hill aswell

Comment

He's got forward far more in previous games. His quietest game in a Hooped shirt (from the ones I've seen)

Comment

Derry was MOM. Smith looked a Breath of fresh air when he came on. Impressed me, MUST start instead of hogan against reading.

Comment

I was too harsh on derry and not harsh enough on faurlin..

Comment

I didn;t see the pen as was in school end.

First half we had some good spells, but too much long ball also. Double save was great and Adel was great (IMO).

2nd half was hoofball. Kenny kicked every single time, not one throw = 50% possession given away. Ran out of ideas and looked a long way from automatic.

atmosphere was decent - except from the silent Loft as usual. Are you all cardboard cut outs in there?

Quite a foxy steward in the school end too
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Faurlin was awful today.Hopefully gets his form back quickly.

Same goes for Hulse.Was poor in the air.

Need these two at the top of their game as soon as poss.And need Heidar back.

Comment

Thought Faurlin wasn't too bad until Hulse took him out -- the most noteworthy thing Hulse did in the whole game.
                            Faurlin looked out of sorts for the rest of the game.
                            Really hope HH is fit for next week -- we missed the composure and cohesion he gives us up front and might have kept us from headless chicken syndrome, which we seemed to suffer from today in attack.
                            Wasted so many chances to get a much needed win.
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                            X