Steak house and tango man-Ecclestone lack of interest in QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak house and tango man-Ecclestone lack of interest in QPR

On report's site two quite interesting snippets. One an interview with Bernie in the Guardian saying that he is looking to increase his involvement in QPR; the other a fan's chat with Briatorie at an airport in which he is quoted as saying he and Bernie still own 70 per cent, that he appointed the chief exec and that he has no interest in selling (oh and that Faurlin is playing tonight, though hopefully not because he has just penned his name on the team-sheet...).

Is this these guys just stalling knowing their shareholding will increase in value if it looks like we will land promotion; or might it actually be true????

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    On report's site two quite interesting snippets. One an interview with Bernie in the Guardian saying that he is looking to increase his involvement in QPR; the other a fan's chat with Briatorie at an airport in which he is quoted as saying he and Bernie still own 70 per cent, that he appointed the chief exec and that he has no interest in selling (oh and that Faurlin is playing tonight, though hopefully not because he has just penned his name on the team-sheet...).

Is this these guys just stalling knowing their shareholding will increase in value if it looks like we will land promotion; or might it actually be true????
    Is somebody ITK over there then?

Comment

eastpaddock nutter is there ITK, thats when he isn't as high as a kite.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

From the Gaurdian

He has made a reluctant advance on football. In the colourful company of Flavio Briatore, now banned from Formula One, and Lakshmi Mittal, one of the world's richest men who is apparently worth £19bn, Ecclestone now owns QPR. "It's something I got involved in," he sighs, "not out of choice. I'm probably going to be even more involved shortly. It's a task that needs getting on with."

Does he have any enthusiasm for QPR? "Not at all. Of course I can pull out – but there are lots of things that could and should be done there. It's mainly commercial things and for me to see if we can get that working better. Once you get me involved that's it. I'm there."

And QPR are top of the Championship. "Yeah, it's good. Super, super, super. We can only go down from here."

They might go up first, to the Premier League, before going down again. Ecclestone almost smiles again. "Half the people who get involved in football do it only to satisfy their ego. I suppose we all

What a **** he is!
        http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...tone-interview
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Bernie Eccles in The Guardian (QPR SNIPPET)

Full Article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...tone-interview

He has made a reluctant advance on football. In the colourful company of Flavio Briatore, now banned from Formula One, and Lakshmi Mittal, one of the world's richest men who is apparently worth £19bn, Ecclestone now owns QPR. "It's something I got involved in," he sighs, "not out of choice. I'm probably going to be even more involved shortly. It's a task that needs getting on with."

Does he have any enthusiasm for QPR? "Not at all. Of course I can pull out – but there are lots of things that could and should be done there. It's mainly commercial things and for me to see if we can get that working better. Once you get me involved that's it. I'm there."

And QPR are top of the Championship. "Yeah, it's good. Super, super, super. We can only go down from here."

They might go up first, to the Premier League, before going down again. Ecclestone almost smiles again. "Half the people who get involved in football do it only to satisfy their ego. I suppose we all get caught up in that."
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
          X