Magilton and DJ Campbell???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magilton and DJ Campbell???

Anyone who reads any of my posts knows that I'm not the sort that demands the earth. I understand we are a Championship club and won't be signing the Mourinho's of this world nor bringing in Messi or Kaka anytime soon but Magilton and DJ Campbell? Is someone having a joke?

Jim Magilton took over a mid table Ipswich side and turned them into a mid table side. Since being manager Ipswich have finished 14th, 8th and 9th and has spent over £12m on players. He was sacked because of his failure to get his team out of this league. We had a manager in Iain Dowie that has experience of getting teams promoted. We've reportedly refused to pay Crystal Palace compensation to get Neil Warnock. Another manager who has got teams out of this league. I would prefer we reappoint John Gregory than Jim Magilton. I'm happy to blog this post and apologise to Magilton if he gets us up but what has he achieved in comparison to Paul Jewell, Sean O'Driscoll, Aidy Boothroyd, Paul Ince, Dennis Wise or Alan Pardew?

As for DJ Campbell, are we really intent in selling our top scorer to bring in a striker who Leicester and Birmingham deemed not good enough? Yes he finished the season very well but why don't we target someone who has consistently started and finished the past few season well like Tommy Smith, Andy Gray, Marcus Tudgay. 15 months ago we didn't go for Ebanks-Blake and a year ago we didn't go for Phillips. We could have and probably should have gone for James Beattie whilst he was still a Championship player.

I will back both if they sign and I will apologise to both if they succeed but DJ Campbell and Jim Magilton at Loftus Road? Tell me I'm not the only one who finds this very uninspiring!?!

It's not inspiring, but I'm happy with Campbell coming.

Will not comment on Magilton as nothing positive to say.

Comment

Both poor IMHO.

Barry hayles anyone?
      Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Hayles is poor and actually is 92 years old.

Comment

We needs STRIKERS, not just one.

9 from 20 is a good ratio. DJ Campbell would in my opinion be a good addition.

As for Magilton, at the moment I'm struggling
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Is DJ good enough for a team with promotion aspirations? He isn't good enough for Leicester in league one then the answer surely is no. So if we are signing him to provide cover for other strikers then why sell Blackstock? Surely if we are looking at strikers who score goals but aren't good enough to make the starting XI then we have Blackstock already.

Comment

Could have said the same about Gorkss.

if you accept that SDC needs replacing, then I can guarntee DJ will score more goals than him.

I'll wait for the Blackstock replacement in anticipation
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                We needs STRIKERS, not just one.

9 from 20 is a good ratio. DJ Campbell would in my opinion be a good addition.

As for Magilton, at the moment I'm struggling
                9 in 20 is good. Like Agyemang's 7 in 6 (or whatever it was) but can he produce that regularly? Agyemang can't so why should we expect a 27 year old who has been pushed from club to club because nobody deems him good enough. Birmingham got rid as did Leicester so why are we keen on signing him?

Comment

it's a joke!!

Comment

if you accept that SDC needs replacing, then I can guarntee DJ will score more goals than him.

Gorkss scored 9 in his last season at Blackpool doesn't mean he is good enough to play upfront for us. Gorkss as a defender is better than we already had and as a signing made sense. As for Campbell is he better than Blackstock? The simple answer is nope. One good run of 9 in 20 doesn't makeup for all of the other seasons where he has failed to perform.

Comment

Campbell is not a replacement for Blackstock.

We'll get one of them as well

Comment

Im happy if he gets it.As i will be watching the same level of player/manager and fb at Southend next season as you lot will be at LR and for nearly £200 cheaper.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Campbell is not a replacement for Blackstock.

We'll get one of them as well
                          If SDC has gone and Blackstock has gone then surely Campbell and this one other are the replacements for them?

Comment

Pete you would score more than SDC!

DJ Campbell is an ok signing if it's just to have strength in depth but I hope the club realise this and aren't planning on him taking us to the Premiership!

As for Magilton I've yet to see a single positive thing said about this potential appointment! I just don't see why we woud give him the job, poor track record, hasn't got fantastic contacts, isn't a big name?

Comment

Id rather have a punt on Ferdinand L and Paul Parker for managment than JG.Parkers done the job non lg and both have contacts and bigger names.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X