Talksport this morning Celtic....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talksport this morning Celtic....

Looking at Simon Cox but have been quoted 2.5 million.

I very much doubt we would look to pay that sort of money for this lad.

Really think Swindon have over priced him and I think if that will rule us out.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Can't really blame them can you?

Good to know some teams are at least trying to hang on to their top scorers rather than let them go out on loan to teams in the same division at the first sign of a falling out with personalities at the club.
    A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
      Can't really blame them can you?

Good to know some teams are at least trying to hang on to their top scorers rather than let them go out on loan to teams in the same division at the first sign of a falling out with personalities at the club.

Harsh but true, harsh but true :beaten:
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        Harsh but true, harsh but true :beaten:
        Sad innit? :very_sad:

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

The Blackstock thing to me is a mystery as is Barrowdale.

Dexters the best forward we have at the club yet we look like we will be selling him.

It's also very frustrating that we clearly will not compete with teams at the top end of the market for transfers, I'm sure we have lost out on good players because of this, Ben Watson being a prime example.

I have no idea why the club did not go out and sign Kevin Phillips last year was exactly what we needed.

Looks like more of the same this year...and the club wonder why they have not sold many season tickets.

New club motto should be come to QPR for the great food..... stay for the football.

Comment

I don't understand why everyone goes on about Watson just because we were in the running for him... he wante d amove to the prem ideally and got one. Regardless what people think, we are not in a position to compete with established prem teams when offering contracts signing on fees etc....

Philips would have certainly done a job though, and the treatment of Dex is not good.

Comment

I think we were after him in the summer but we thought we'd be clever and get him cheap in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrford Ranger View Post
                I think we were after him in the summer but we thought we'd be clever and get him cheap in January.
                Heard that before.........

Comment

It works some of the time Gorks and Routledge both fantastic players and we got them for a snip.

The trouble is we are now after forwards and good forwards cost money.

To think that two years ago we could of had Beckford for 350k.

Clubs dont tend to sell there top scorers unless they have to, apart from us it seems.

Comment

that is ridiculous money

Comment

Originally posted by crowlehoops View Post
                      that is ridiculous money
                      £2.5m is not for Cox but it is what Swindon want to sell Cox and one of their defenders.

Celtic have supposedly offered £1.2m for Cox and the defender and Swindon told them to double it. Hence the £2.5m being quoted.

Comment

yeah

i kind of think that although flav loves qpr its his complete misundrstanding of how to buy and sell playes that has destroyed us
                        simon cox may well seem expensive at 2-5 million but in four years time he will be worth at least double that
                        so lets sign him up now

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                          Looking at Simon Cox but have been quoted 2.5 million.

I very much doubt we would look to pay that sort of money for this lad.

Really think Swindon have over priced him and I think if that will rule us out.

I don't think even Celtic will pay that sort of money either, imo
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                          X