Player Loyalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i will.
    by the way, sorry we are winning all the time and top of the league. must kill you deep to the core.
    dont worry tho, your idol might upset the applecart and ruin team morale if you are lucky.
    laters big fella.

Comment

Football is a business.
      The days of players showing passion and pride for their clubs has long gone. There are still a few around showing loyalty, but on the whole its all to do with money, agents, money, fame, money and money.

If he goes, it was a profitable bit of business. Some players make a profit, some don't. Talking up your market value is part of it, probably motivated by agents and their cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
        Football is a business.
        The days of players showing passion and pride for their clubs has long gone. There are still a few around showing loyalty, but on the whole its all to do with money, agents, money, fame, money and money.

If he goes, it was a profitable bit of business. Some players make a profit, some don't. Talking up your market value is part of it, probably motivated by agents and their cut.
        Spot on. Though it doesnt make it right or acceptable.

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

Ok, well people have different opinions and the passion behind those opinions shows how much people care. This is a good thing (so I tell my boss!).

Sometimes this message board reminds me of a Liverpool v Spartak Moscow game I saw many many years ago at Anfield. There were no opposition fans to argue with so the scousers got bored and started shouting and screaming at each other. I swear it was like something straight from Harry Enfield. Hilarious at the time!

All good fun in the end (I hope!)

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
            yeah i will.
            by the way, sorry we are winning all the time and top of the league. must kill you deep to the core.
            dont worry tho, your idol might upset the applecart and ruin team morale if you are lucky.
            laters big fella.
            Im with GTP on this one. Think its poor that Adel said what he did. You certinally wouldn't hear Mackie say that.

Unfortuntley with Tarbs everything is about him, thing is though, he is really key to our success this season and there is no doubt he is our best 'technical player'. Just a shame he hasn't got an attitude to match his skill.
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

the basic premise is that almost everyone wants to better themselves, be they players, managers, staff or owners. It's a short life and I would think outside the prem, you're not going to retire for life on what you've earned. But otherwise is it better to be two-faced and keep your opinions to yourself?

We all make varying judements on what's good for us in our own careers. NW could have have stayed if he really wanted to have been loyal to palace, but time was not on his side to have another crack at the prem, so he jumped. That's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                You are 17 arent you (as you said in your post earlier)

I was going to QPR long before you were being even thought of conceived.

Please don't discriminate based on age, just as you would not discriminate based on gender or race
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  Please don't discriminate based on age, just as you would not discriminate based on gender or race
                  How the hell is this discrimating??

If you bothered to read the post properly you would see that I mentioned his age to show that I had been going long before he was born.

NOT discriminating , NOT slandering , simply stating a fact that by being 17 I had been supporting us long before him.

Get off your high horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    ...by being 17 I had been supporting us long before him.
                    Uhuh, as if he could help being born later than you. Just don't bring age into this.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      Uhuh, as if he could help being born later than you. Just don't bring age into this.
                      Why question my support for the team then?

Missed that one did we?

Comment

Working...
                      X