QPR's relationship with Spurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR's relationship with Spurs

It would appear we have a decent relationship with Spurs following a season loan of Taarabt and hopefully the same with Walker. Are Warnock and Redknapp pals, or purely business?

Can you include their 'Yoof leader' and 'The little one' in that!
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
      Didn't we loan the 'little one' to Spurs
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

We have a good relationship with spurs, have done for a while. Redknapp and Gianni get on as far as im aware.

I like spurs there alright, not saying i support them or anything, but there a good bunch.

White hart lane and champions league night games fit like a glove, best atmosphere ive heard in ages.
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Maybe just maybe Clive and Sir Les have a little imput for us
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Had a soft spot for spurs through watching their great 60's side.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

If we have a relationship that helps us with getting better players so be it but otherwise I f'in hate the y1ds.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                their "yoof leader" was a guest for the wall game eh

Comment

I remember years ago I got a seat with the Spurs fans when we played there away.

Anyway, they were winning 1-0 and we equalised from a very late penalty. I forgot myself and jumped up shouting my head off. After about 5 seconds I realised my little faux pas and waited for some abuse or, at worst, a boot in the head.

To their credit, those sat around me just chuckled knowingly and said we deserved a draw.

Always had a soft spot for them since then.

Comment

yeah he was and at lester n all.
                    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                    London Pride is a flower that's free.
                    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Always liked Redknapp, glad to see him in the champions league with Spurs, even Chelsea and Arsenal have loaned us players, so I can't say I dislike anyone of them, just don't like Arsenal fans.

Comment

I'm more than happy to be their 'feeder club' until we go up

It gives their fringe players invaluable games and experience so its a very mutually beneficial situation.

Comment

All our best players have come from Spurs,Peter Crouch,Adel Taarabt and Steve Slade.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr76 View Post
                            It would appear we have a decent relationship with Spurs following a season loan of Taarabt and hopefully the same with Walker. Are Warnock and Redknapp pals, or purely business?
                            Business. We paid a fee to loan Walker plus the wages... the fee was in the region of a couple of hundred thousand for a season loan but its worth it because he can make a difference to a side.

Tarrabt was the same deal, now we bought him but there is a hefty sell on clause so if he leaves in a year we don't get all the money.

It isn't done out of love, its business.... and a good one at that.

Comment

calm down give it chance to happen

Comment

Working...
                              X