Response from QPR FC re Millwall "events"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response from QPR FC re Millwall "events"

Here is the response from Phillip Lawrence received this morning re my letter to him regarding the lack of security and forethought on Tuesday.

Dear Frank

Thank you for your correspondence I am sorry that I cannot reply at this time to the specifics. All the points made by yourself and others have been noted and will be included in an ongoing review. The Club has issued the following statement:

CLUB STATEMENT

“Club working with Police and football authorities following QPR versus Millwall fixture

In the wake of events surrounding our fixture against Millwall on Tuesday (September 28th) evening, the Club can confirm it is continuing to work closely with the Police and football authorities.

This matter is being treated very seriously by the Club and the authorities and we will comment further when possible.

The Club will be making no further comment at this stage.”

Kind regards

Phillip Lawrence
    Deputy Safety Officer
    Queens Park Rangers FC

T: 0208 743 0262 (Switchboard)
    F: 0208 740 2595 (Operations Fax)
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

In other words..................................... nothing and is more of a response to the Football League looking into events.

The police will say its up to QPR and QPR will say on police advice etc, etc.

Comment

I suggest you reply saying you understand but asking for a fulsome reply when the review is concluded. And asking for a clue when that might be.

That shouldn't be an end to the correspondence.

Comment

Ask who decided on letting the Millwall fans out and if it was seen as no big concern, why was there such a massive police presence, including riot police, dozens of vans and dogs and a helicopter. These two points do not add up.

Comment

It's like Gypsy funerals ,OB want them off there turf ASAP
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

i remember being kept in at millwall and cardiff for 30mins why cant they do it at rangers,
            QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Working...
            X