Steve Claridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Claridge

Someone emailed into the Football League Show last night and asked Steve a fairly simple question: "Why can't some teams win away from home?"

Steve's answer (word for word): "erm...I.......well...I think it's just...err.......you...you......some teams are very very comfortable at home when they're in possession, they have one way of playing and that is basically to get...when you're at home the emphasis is on you to attack it's on you to make the running in the game.....when you're away from home it's not so easy to do it's a different style of play.....it's a different...you need..uhhh..certain players who can play that way away and make you difficult to beat....and obviously silly mistakes like we've seen today......errrrr...don't obviously help".

Any comments?

erm... well... I think we we should ask him the the question again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
      Someone emailed into the Football League Show last night and asked Steve a fairly simple question: "Why can't some teams win away from home?"

Steve's answer (word for word): "erm...I.......well...I think it's just...err.......you...you......some teams are very very comfortable at home when they're in possession, they have one way of playing and that is basically to get...when you're at home the emphasis is on you to attack it's on you to make the running in the game.....when you're away from home it's not so easy to do it's a different style of play.....it's a different...you need..uhhh..certain players who can play that way away and make you difficult to beat....and obviously silly mistakes like we've seen today......errrrr...don't obviously help".

Any comments?
      yes, are you a court stenographer?
      18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Macca69 View Post
          yes, are you a court stenographer?
          Haha, yes, it's a bit sad. But the bloke gets on my nerves: I'm sure he is getting paid a lot of money to do what he does. And yet he is unable to even string a sentence together.

Comment

Show's the intelligence level of many footballers.

Read about Stan Collymore criticising MOTD's presenter/pundit's as being boring etc..

His recommendations for replacements included such footballing high brow's as Ian Wright,Paulo DiCanio and Andy Cole.

God help us.

Comment

Unfortunately thats what we pay our licence for
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

They can pay me his wages -- I'd um and errrr with far more class!!
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Claridge is thick as sh1t.
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Merson on GSS has got to be the most inarticulate buffoon on any footie prog.
                    Makes Claridge seem almost like Stephen Fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Usually seen in the Isleworth area sneaking in to bookies covering his face with a paper!

Comment

Dean Windass was the worst Soccer Saturday-er. There was a goal at our game against Boro and if I couldn't see people in red shirts jumping about I wouldn't have known which way it had gone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post

Any comments?
                          He is another one who will be sacked when the BBC have to make programes people actually watch.

Comment

He really hasn't got a scooby doo,he talks a lot of shite and rambles his way through,get someone who knows what he's talking about and can actually give a proper answer,a retired player and manager maybe..Steve Coppell springs to mind ???

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                              Merson on GSS has got to be the most inarticulate buffoon on any footie prog.
                              Makes Claridge seem almost like Stephen Fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its true but Mers does not take himself seriously, hes the court jester of the pack.

Claridge tries to show an articulate sage like knowledge of all things lower league and fails.

Comment

Working...
                              X