Paul Barron ex QPR goalkeeper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Barron ex QPR goalkeeper.

Any proper information on him from those who saw him live will do.

He was decent wasent he?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

was poo poo in the milk cup final!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
      was poo poo in the milk cup final!

Wernt they allreally? I watched the game.

I looked him up on the wiki.pedia and read that he was stand in for Pat Jennings. Jeez, doomed understudy there. But played well for Palace. Havent heard much from his rangers days so im a bit curious about him.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Saved a penalty at Anfield in the Milk cup semi,steady keeper who did a good job when call upon.

Comment

Useless - never understood why Jim Smith dropped Hucker for him. Saved Jan Molby's penalty in front of the Kop to give me one my greatest nights ever supporting Rangers, so forgiven for that. I wish there was footage of the 7 he shipped in at Hillsborough once. Seaman missed that game due to injury IIRC and Barron was back for his first and only game of the season. Shouldn't have bothered.

He'll also regale you with the story about being on a beach somewhere in the summer of 1986 and one of Dalglish's kids spotting him and kicking sand in his face. When Barron asked, "wtf?!", kid identifies himself and says "that's for costing my Dad the treble!"

Comment

Thanks for the replies!! Interesting read.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
              Useless - never understood why Jim Smith dropped Hucker for him. Saved Jan Molby's penalty in front of the Kop to give me one my greatest nights ever supporting Rangers, so forgiven for that. I wish there was footage of the 7 he shipped in at Hillsborough once. Seaman missed that game due to injury IIRC and Barron was back for his first and only game of the season. Shouldn't have bothered.

He'll also regale you with the story about being on a beach somewhere in the summer of 1986 and one of Dalglish's kids spotting him and kicking sand in his face. When Barron asked, "wtf?!", kid identifies himself and says "that's for costing my Dad the treble!"
              Smith didn't drop him, he got instructed not to play him by Jim Gregory after a contract dispute.

Comment

Good shot stopper. Not so great at crosses. Used to flap alot as I remember. Barron wasnt as fully appreciated by our fans as he wouldve been otherwise. As Rangers fans, we had been spoilt on watching keepers like Parkes, Woods and Hucker who preceded him.

Barron would have been good enough to be our current number 1. Would be first choice in today's team imo.

Comment

Working...
                X