Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
    Nicely said.

If one of our "targets" chooses another Championship team - fair enough, that's open to questions being asked about our "ambition".

But if Jason Roberts goes to Wigan, Blackpool or stays at Blackburn... then he goes into the same drawer as Hooper, Walters, Beckford, Beattie etc.. who have all chosen to play on the bigger stage. SPL or The Prem.
    How is that QPRs fault??

And Varney.

If Rob Hulse gets a call from Holloway tomorrow, he'll go there too.
    Whilst none of the following may have been NW targets, every single one of them have moved to a Championship club this summer (some on loan) and every single one would have been a big improvement on what we have available:

Bellamy, McCormack - Cardiff
    Scotland - Ipswich
    Sharp, Hayter - Donny
    Boyd - Boro
    Simpson - Hull
    Stead, Vokes, Pitman - Brizzle

We appear to have put all our eggs into one or two baskets, and as a result all the nonsense about getting players cheaper on deadline day will be proven to be exactly that; we'll be a club seen as desperate to sign a striker at any cost, and get treated accordingly.

Find it hard to believe it is NW's preferred way of operating given his previous record at SheffU of buying any striker that moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
      Whilst none of the following may have been NW targets, every single one of them have moved to a Championship club this summer (some on loan) and every single one would have been a big improvement on what we have available:

Bellamy, McCormack - Cardiff
      Scotland - Ipswich
      Sharp, Hayter - Donny
      Boyd - Boro
      Simpson - Hull
      Stead, Vokes, Pitman - Brizzle

We appear to have put all our eggs into one or two baskets, and as a result all the nonsense about getting players cheaper on deadline day will be proven to be exactly that; we'll be a club seen as desperate to sign a striker at any cost, and get treated accordingly.

Find it hard to believe it is NW's preferred way of operating given his previous record at SheffU of buying any striker that moved.

If Warnock didn't target them, then they're not missed targets, or "another one we've missed out on".

Whether they should have been is another debate.

That's all I'm saying.
      I'd have gone for Scotland, maybe Stead. But that's me.

(obviously Bellamy, but that's a unique one!)
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
      X