Was Sousa right regarding Ephraim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Sousa right regarding Ephraim?

I must admit Jury is still out for me..I need to see more consistency and a better finish product.
    He has started very well and continued his pre season form into the season, when many including myself though he wouldn't.

Though I seem to remember Paulo Sousa saying that with the right manager and played in the right position, that this guy could play for his country.

Now I'm not going to stand here and disregard what one of the most decorated player's in the history of the game has to say, and someone who is very intelligent and has more football knowledge than this whole board!!

So what do we think, was/Is Sousa right?

Who cares? Sousa is on his second club since us.

More to the point...IS Warnock right? It seems so, and fair play to him.

I honestly couldn't give a s**t about Sousa any more mate. Not saying you do, but his name is mentioned far too much on here. We're far better off with NW.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post

I honestly couldn't give a s**t about Sousa any more mate. Not saying you do, but his name is mentioned far too much on here. We're far better off with NW.
      Thanks Benny, saved me typing that. Oh, and sod whetehr they were right - I've always said, given a run in the team and played in the right role, with a bit of confidence he would prove to be a good player - all about ifs and buts this football lark.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Ok Benny, as Paoulo Sousa name obviously touched a nerve with you, then I'll ask the question in a more direct way just for you:

Do you think Ephraim if played correct position can be a star for QPR and one day play international?

Better for you

Comment

101 Championship matches and I can count the number of good performances on one hand. No disrespect to Ephraim but he needs to perform week in and week out for 10 or so matches before we can start raving about him. Was Ledesma consistent enough?

Comment

Ledesma was to lightweight and he looked very good against the mighty Carlisle.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              101 Championship matches and I can count the number of good performances on one hand. No disrespect to Ephraim but he needs to perform week in and week out for 10 or so matches before we can start raving about him. Was Ledesma consistent enough?
              As I said above to some extent, when was the last time he played 90 minutes for 10 or so matches in a row? Or maybe he has and was that average I didn't notice him?
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I think nw knows what he is doing,

I liked hogan when on loan he replaced cookie but tracked back better, his second season onwards I thought he was c rap but hopefully he'll benefit from stability still a long way to go though, if Sousa thought so highly why did he hardly pick him

Comment

It's not really touched a nerve mate...I just do t get the obsession with a past manager who acchieved so very little with us?

The way his name gets bought up by the likes of yourselves is as if he's left some sort of legacy behind. The only reason his name is mentioned on here so often is because it's Pete's site and many seem to blame him for Sousa's dismissal.

And yes, he should start on this form. No way will he be an international though...unless his dad is a New Zealander.

Comment

It's not really touched a nerve mate...I just do t get the obsession with a past manager who acchieved so very little with us?

The way his name gets bought up by the likes of yourselves is as if he's left some sort of legacy behind. The only reason his name is mentioned on here so often is because it's Pete's site and many seem to blame him for Sousa's dismissal.

And yes, he should start on this form. No way will he be an international though...unless his dad is a New Zealander.
                    I cant recall bringing up his name since the whole debate regarding his sacking 2 years ago or whatever it was!! (Apart from this quote, where it is apt due to his Ephraim quote)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                      I cant recall bringing up his name since the whole debate regarding his sacking 2 years ago or whatever it was!! (Apart from this quote, where it is apt due to his Ephraim quote)
                      Then I apologise mate.

It just seems his name is boght up far too often. He's not with us, and didn't really do much when he was, so I'm not in the slightest bit interested about him.

I firmly believe (and you may well agree), that NW is a far better manager at this moment in time. He's perfect for our team, and also for Taarabt.

Comment

Agreed, NW ahead of Sousa. Adel is the best player we have had for years.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                          I've seen him play a few more good games than that mate.....a lot more.

Yes he has end product difficulty but so do many YOUNG players of his type and this is something he will learn......HOWEVER in the mean time his running and pace opens up the other teams lines a little.

I've seen class in him since his initial loan spell in those yellow boots, and firmly believe he'll be prem player. just watch

Comment

I just think Ephraim, like many of our players has suffered with the lack of stability of a good manager. All the different training regimes, and alterations in the the on-field tactics must surely have taken it's toll.

Even more so for a young lad who's trying to learn his trade and look to someone for guidance. Warnock is here to stay, and as a man manager, he's offered that extra bit to the team, which has been shown through the way they play.

Not just Warnock either...I think the additions of Hill and Derry has helped the teams morale hugely. They're both the type of player to die for the cause, and from what I'm hearing, their attitude away from the playing field has been a breath of fresh air to the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by cliffqpr View Post
                              I've seen him play a few more good games than that mate.....a lot more.

Yes he has end product difficulty but so do many YOUNG players of his type and this is something he will learn......HOWEVER in the mean time his running and pace opens up the other teams lines a little.

I've seen class in him since his initial loan spell in those yellow boots, and firmly believe he'll be prem player. just watch
                              OK maybe I'm being too harsh on the lad but he hasn't been consistent match after match. Again maybe because he isn't selected week in and week out but that will be because he hasn't performed well enough to be selected. Managerial changes would have affected him but now he is being given the opportunity to play he needs to perform consistently. He needs to score 8-10 goals this season and a similar amount of assists IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X