Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

No Roberts or chops!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • moon_safari
    Silver Seat
    • Jul 2010
    • 1314

    #1

    No Roberts or chops!

    http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...82029-27044452
  • robloft
    Bronze Seat
    • Apr 2009
    • 780

    #2
    No surprise there then !

    Comment

    • 80sCasual
      CCG
      • Dec 2009
      • 9231

      #3
      If they want the quality and promotion you have to pay for it.
      You get what you pay for.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

      PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

      Comment

      • KASPARS BOOTS
        Bronze Seat
        • Nov 2009
        • 440

        #4

        Comment

        • Loneranger80
          Silver Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 1899

          #5
          pay peanuts get monkeys and all that!!

          Comment

          • Loneranger80
            Silver Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 1899

            #6
            ps varney and king cannot be the creme de la creme that we have all been waiting for surely??

            Comment

            • BennyBoyRs
              I like 'Lone' time
              • Mar 2009
              • 13695

              #7
              Why would we want them when we can have Varney and Hulse?

              Madness...
              Your mum would love me...

              Comment

              • moon_safari
                Silver Seat
                • Jul 2010
                • 1314

                #8
                Got no problem with hulse

                Comment

                • James1979
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 4857

                  #9
                  Is hulse an option benny?

                  Comment

                  • BennyBoyRs
                    I like 'Lone' time
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 13695

                    #10
                    Originally posted by moon_safari
                    Got no problem with hulse
                    Ordinarily, neither have I, but when Clarke, Varney and Mackie (who I rate, but he just not a goal scorer) are the other choices, it bothers me a whole lot mate. It's not exactly a daunting prospect for any CCC defence to face, is it?
                    Your mum would love me...

                    Comment

                    • BennyBoyRs
                      I like 'Lone' time
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 13695

                      #11
                      Originally posted by James1979
                      Is hulse an option benny?
                      No idea mate. It's just a name i've seen on here a few times.

                      I doubt it to be honest, which is probably why Varney is the Derby reject we're after.
                      Your mum would love me...

                      Comment

                      • 80sCasual
                        CCG
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 9231

                        #12
                        What is wrong with this board? An extra mil or 2 is nothing to them. Do they not want to see us move forward as a club. Second tier club and always will be unless they get someone in.
                        Queens Park Rangers
                        NPower Champions 2010/2011

                        PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

                        Comment

                        • BennyBoyRs
                          I like 'Lone' time
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 13695

                          #13
                          Originally posted by 80sCasual
                          What is wrong with this board? An extra mil or 2 is nothing to them. Do they not want to see us move forward as a club. Second tier club and always will be unless they get someone in.
                          I all fairness mate, I don't think it's the transfer fee. It's more the wage they want, along with the contract length. Jason Roberts is no spring chicken, so giving him a £30k per week contract not only dwarfs everyone elses wage at the club, but also means that if he gets a serious injury, at this stage in his career it'll be tough to make it back from. We'll still be stuck with him on £1.5m per year and will have to pay that off.

                          Chopra however, well that's different and I feel he's worth that wage. He's one of, if not the most prolific striker in this league, so that comes at a price.
                          Your mum would love me...

                          Comment

                          • QPRVIN
                            Apprentice
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 159

                            #14
                            Never did like icing!

                            Comment

                            • BennyBoyRs
                              I like 'Lone' time
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 13695

                              #15
                              Originally posted by QPRVIN
                              Never did like icing!
                              We never even got to the cake though.
                              Your mum would love me...

                              Comment

                              Working...