Sousa after Koren...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morris View Post
    Koren is class would be right peeved if he went to another club on a free without us even trying for him.
    I've been saying all summer that we should sign Koran, he is a quality player. I know we have a lot of midfielders, but you cannot have enough quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
      So he's not gonna want any big time wages and a big fat sign-on fee then?
      More than we were about to spend on Ambrose (+ £750k fee)? Or however much Chopra and Roberts would demand? No.

Comment

Plus Leicester can hardly compete with that kind of outlay either - remains to be seen whether Koren would even consider going there though, but if he hasn't any other offers on the table...

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
          More than we were about to spend on Ambrose (+ £750k fee)? Or however much Chopra and Roberts would demand? No.
          Comparing with Chopra and Roberts is beside the point, they are strikers. I think we stepped up our interest in Taarabt after Ambrose turned us down. Can't see us spending more money on attacking midfielders, which we have enough of, when we are lacking in other areas. You want a midfield of Koren, Buzsaky, Faurlin & Taarabt...well that has been tried before...by Kevin Keegan and Ossie Ardiles

Comment

The reason he left West Brom is because he demanded to be played in central midfield, Di Matteo used him on the wing. And he wants to leave english football

Comment

I wasn't aware strikers were automatically due more money than any other position.

Like I said pretty much straight away upthread, Koren would undoubtedly be a tricky one to fit into the team and could well be viewed as an unnecessary addition on the whole. But personally I'd rather another attacking midfielder of that quality in the squad than a limited striker just for the sake of it - were it down to a straight choice between him and Chopra or (better yet) Matt Derbyshire though then I'd go for the latter, of course.

Comment

We need 2 new top strikers, so there is no point in bringing in a player just because he is good when there is more need to use or money elsewhere. Koren should be a 3d priority to bring in. He'll demand the same wages at Taarabt, and I think that's not a luxury we can afford

Comment

Working...
                X