Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we put a roof on the Paddocks please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we put a roof on the Paddocks please?

Was like a drowned rat after 25 minutes yesterday, soaked to the skin.

Not a good way to treat loyal home fans. Especially disabled ones.

Originally posted by Toni German View Post

Have always envied those who sit there when the suns shining but after the first month or so of the season I am glad I am in the Upper Loft

I guess thats why the Paddock is the cheapest area of the ground

Comment

Just spoke to Amit...................He said No

Comment

With all due respect, this has been the case forever, and fans who sit there should be familiar to the chance of getting wet.

Bring a mac or something, until they decide to put a roof on.

That's not being harsh by the way.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          With all due respect, this has been the case forever, and fans who sit there should be familiar to the chance of getting wet.

Bring a mac or something, until they decide to put a roof on.

That's not being harsh by the way.
          I'd love to sit in the Loft. But cos I'm disabled I get no choice.

Comment

Mate, you're taking out of context what I've said.

I'm just pointing out that this has always be the case. Not saying it's right, but nevertheless, this has been like this from the start.

Perhaps you should write to the club?
            They seem to be trying to get the fans back onside these days, so hopefully you'll get a positive result?!

Comment

If there was a roof on the paddock, it would obstruct the view from the upper South Africa Road. Not sure of the answer to this one, as you have to offset accesabilty against protection from the elements.
              Given the ground we have it's not easy. Must say when I went to Swansea last year, the disabled facilities looked a lot better. But when you build a new ground, you can plan for these things.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Mate, you're taking out of context what I've said.

I'm just pointing out that this has always be the case. Not saying it's right, but nevertheless, this has been like this from the start.

Perhaps you should write to the club?
                They seem to be trying to get the fans back onside these days, so hopefully you'll get a positive result?!
                Yeah I might.

I can't see the problem of sitting in the Lower Loft. No stairs, I'm not in a wheelchair yet, so what's the problem?

Comment

Yeah I might.

I can't see the problem of sitting in the Lower Loft. No stairs, I'm not in a wheelchair yet, so what's the problem?
                  I could be wrong, but I think it's to do with health and safety issues, and insureance reasons. Because to get in the lower loft, you have to go up some stairs, then back down sone to get into the stand. If you had a fall, you could sue.

Again, I could be wrong?!

It's definitely worth a letter to the club though mate.

Comment

I love it in the paddocks, having sat there for a few years now i don't even notice the rain anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                      I love it in the paddocks, having sat there for a few years now i don't even notice the rain anymore.
                      Four of us soaked yesterday,all dry by the end,if we win you don't notice it as much,if we lose then I moan like a woman!!

Comment

Regarding yesterday, I think it helped most that the downpour started at 2.55 as it gave people time to put their coats on before kick off and not disturb people.

In a more general context, any disabled section - and a lot of disabled people sit there for access purposes - should have a cover of sorts. How you implement that in that area, I don't know. But worth a letter to the club.

Comment

paddock was cool whan standing but left a few years before went to seats to move to Ellersie.Like the Ellersie.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Never mind the roof,(would be handy though!) bring back terracing in the paddocks, great buzz when there was terracing!

Comment

Yep i used to stand in the paddocks,,,loved it there.
                              They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                              X