Kenny V Cerny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny V Cerny

Sorry if this has been discussed already,but interested in your thoughts on the subject.I know its only one game,but I personally thought Kenny got off light yesterday.He flapped at a couple of crosses which nearly cost us goals and was nowhere near the first half shot that hit the upright.A very unconvincing debut,probably not helped by the lack of competitive games in the last 12 months.I must admit I was more than a little concerned every time the Tykes went upfield.But for 2 penalties and two tap ins,the result could have been a lot different,but it wasn't,thanks in no small measure to the gung ho spirit and enthusiasm of our new aquisitions.Lovely to see so many foraging forward at every opportunity -a bit different to last season.

Kenny hands down.

Comment

I will give him a few more games before making any judgement myself.

Comment

Kenny needs time so let Cerny go in goal, Kenny can play in reserves until he's back to his best.

Always have the best, fittest players on the pitch and right now Cerny is the better keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Kenny needs time so let Cerny go in goal, Kenny can play in reserves until he's back to his best.

Always have the best, fittest players on the pitch and right now Cerny is the better keeper.
          My thoughts entirelly if I'm honest.Cerny hasn't done a lot wrong imo,and at 3" taller and very agile for a big man,I think he's the safer bet at present.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
            Sorry if this has been discussed already,but interested in your thoughts on the subject.I know its only one game,but I personally thought Kenny got off light yesterday.He flapped at a couple of crosses which nearly cost us goals and was nowhere near the first half shot that hit the upright.A very unconvincing debut,probably not helped by the lack of competitive games in the last 12 months.I must admit I was more than a little concerned every time the Tykes went upfield.But for 2 penalties and two tap ins,the result could have been a lot different,but it wasn't,thanks in no small measure to the gung ho spirit and enthusiasm of our new aquisitions.Lovely to see so many foraging forward at every opportunity -a bit different to last season.

" But for 2 penalties and two tap ins..." what are you on about ? It's not like the ref just decided to award us two penalties out of kindness, and TWO tap ins ? The Fitz-Hall goal was well worked, a good cross, followed by him steaming in at the back post.

Comment

For once we had a goalkeeper who commanded his area, organised his defence , was alert to come out of his box, boll###d his defenders and cleared the ball in a no nonsense fashion .

I felt comfortable when the ball was played back to Kenny and didn't have my heart in my mouth as Cerny often tries to be a bit clever (Leicester last year!)

Cerny is a good shot stopper but for me Kenny is a far better all round keeper!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                " But for 2 penalties and two tap ins..." what are you on about ? It's not like the ref just decided to award us two penalties out of kindness, and TWO tap ins ? The Fitz-Hall goal was well worked, a good cross, followed by him steaming in at the back post.
                In my assessment,I'm taking into account Barnsley's refused penalty( which would probably have made it 1-1),them hitting the woodwork twice and at least 2 bad errors of judgement by Kenny.Yes the result could have been a lot different.I'm naturally glad it wasn't and was delighted with the overall performance,entusiasm and work ethic of the team.

Comment

Camp is better than Cerny and Kenny. Was best goalie in the Championship last season.
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                    For once we had a goalkeeper who commanded his area, organised his defence , was alert to come out of his box, boll###d his defenders and cleared the ball in a no nonsense fashion .

I felt comfortable when the ball was played back to Kenny and didn't have my heart in my mouth as Cerny often tries to be a bit clever (Leicester last year!)

All of the above.

Comment

Had to laugh yesterday. Was sitting in X block and some of the crowd were shouting out at Kenny because he had been taking some stick from the Barnsley lot. As he was turning to acknowledge the Rangers supporters Barnsley won the ball and played it long down the channel, he wasn't even looking and had to rush across his goal to get in position.
                      Think he looked a bit shakey a couple of times yesterday but think he will get better with games.

Comment

Im really happy we have kenny in goal...

He was a little shaky yesterday but over the season i can see him doing well for us.
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post

I didn't see Kenny yesterday as I was trying to kill myself at the Tackle Africa Football Marathon on Clapham Common (12 hours of football!), but I know he's better than Cerny. Cerny flatters to deceive because he is a very good shot stopper, something most fans go for. Kenny (and Camp as I have always maintained) are just simply better than Cerny.

His Golden Glove season was Paulo Sousa's really as he had the defence and midfield organised to stifle the opposition, so Cery didn't actually have much to do.

Also, Cerny, I have heard, has a dodgy back and at his age, that is unlikely to get any better...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                            Im really happy we have kenny in goal...

He was a little shaky yesterday but over the season i can see him doing well for us.
                            agreed after games he will improve

Comment

The command of Kenny with the goalkeeping and kicking of Cerny i know its not possible though.
                              Thought Kenny was a bit suspect with his kicking - in to touch (half way line sidelines) rather than upfield.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X