Yet another terrible pre-season....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    If we do not sign before tha Barnsley game, It will not be the end of the world. We can sign in in mid/end of August or in September. It's about signing QUALITY not Quickly.
    We've had 3 months and nothing quality so far.

In fact nothing quality the entire time that Mittals/Flav have been involved. Faurlin only plausible exception.
    :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
      The trouble is that much of the quality is gone, and anyone we sign now will have missed our pre-season and will need time to settle in, get to know the others etc. NW said he wanted his squad together before pre-season training started, because of this, but that hasn't happened.
      It just feels like things aren't going to plan, and I mean NW's own plan.
      It's no good urging patience, there are a lot of games at the start of the season, and a lot of potential point-dropping if the team isn't sorted.
      Before we know it, people will be starting to say, wait till the January window -- by which time over half the league games have been played.

The squad needs completing NOW if we are to make a serious foray into the top six.
      Post of the day. Hear hear

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
        Only two worthwile signings do me a favour, mackie will be qaulity.
        And I'm glad that we havnt got loans aswell cos to many of them killed us last season!!!
        Interesting you don't mention any other names? Mackie....er, um ur .....ssssshhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by JudoRanger View Post
          derry and hill are getting alot of unfair stick. against plymouth they both looked like what we need - battlers, leaders, and not afraid to get stuck in. derry especially didnt look slow at all.

and last season everyone (including me) moaned that we lacked leadership on the field. so what does warnock do - he brings in some leaders. and some still moan.

oh dear.
          actually i was more concerned with we didnt have many decent players on the field and think that also should have been looked ar pre season too
          As far as Derry and Hill go then maybe you are right..guess we will see

Comment

The problem is that football has changed so much and great signings just don't happen anymore, as are there any real great signings out there ? Kitson, Beattie, Earnshaw etc etc amongst many names touted, have never really gone to the next level, have they ? For all Boro's money they have spent, will their Scottish Utd really work in the Championship, we will see.
            I think NW is building a squad who will compete for every ball and whatever anyones thinks we will be challenging there or thereabouts, as the play off system makes it so.
            Another couple of signings this week and I think we will have a very good chance of some sort of success.
            But the side will definately be harder to beat than in recent years and if we do add that extra striker who can score then who knows we could be in for a good time !
            One things for sure I would much rather Kenny than James on his 20k a week !

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              actually i was more concerned with we didnt have many decent players on the field and think that also should have been looked ar pre season too
              As far as Derry and Hill go then maybe you are right..guess we will see
              i agree they are not the best technically. but they are exactly what we missed last season. we let in countless late goals (that as fans watching we could see coming) because we had no leaders on the field. we missed players like mahon who will keep everyone calm, organised, and working hard.

too many times last season we got caught napping. derry and hill wont let this happen.
              Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

i agree they are not the best technically. but they are exactly what we missed last season. we let in countless late goals (that as fans watching we could see coming) because we had no leaders on the field. we missed players like mahon who will keep everyone calm, organised, and working hard.

too many times last season we got caught napping. derry and hill wont let this happen.
                take your point about us missing a leader on the pitch last season but wasnt their any decent footballers with leadership qualities we could have invested in? did they have to be two freebie cloggers from Warnocks old club with dodgy legs looking for a last payout?
                we always seem to be looking for the cheap option

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  take your point about us missing a leader on the pitch last season but wasnt their any decent footballers with leadership qualities we could have invested in? did they have to be two freebie cloggers from Warnocks old club with dodgy legs looking for a last payout?
                  we always seem to be looking for the cheap option

cant argue with that - we always look for the cheap option. but to be fair they are clearly warnock signings (so his decision) and he knows what they will bring to the team - and by the sounds of it they already have.

also agree we didnt have a huge amount of quality in the side - mostly taken up by poor loan signings. but orr, kenny, mackie are that quality that we missed. but i still think we do lack quality and depth up front.

signing taarabt, a couple of decent strikers , and hopefully mcanuff would sort this out. i just hope we can get them all, otherwise i cant see how we are going to score many goals.
                  Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

cant argue with that - we always look for the cheap option. but to be fair they are clearly warnock signings (so his decision) and he knows what they will bring to the team - and by the sounds of it they already have.

also agree we didnt have a huge amount of quality in the side - mostly taken up by poor loan signings. but orr, kenny, mackie are that quality that we missed. but i still think we do lack quality and depth up front.

signing taarabt, a couple of decent strikers , and hopefully mcanuff would sort this out. i just hope we can get them all, otherwise i cant see how we are going to score many goals.
                    get them and everyone will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                      Only 2 worthwhile signings, Kenny and Orr.

Lost the goals from Simspson replaced him with Leon Clarke (4 goals last season in a relegated side)

Lost the numerous assists and goals from Tarabbt replaced him with Mackie (from another relegated side, ok so he might be ok but he will never create as much as Adel)

Why on earth can't the *****s that run this club spend a bit of money on 2 strikers and give us a decent chance of making the play offs.

At the moment I am gonna waste too much time and energy (as we all do every season) hoping that this bunch of no hopers somehow scrape into a play off position. I really think that unless these multi BILLIONAIRE backed owners spend some cash we will really struggle this year.

My prediction is 15th at best and that is purely based on Warnocks motivational skills. Without Tarrabt and Simpson last season we would be in League one. FACT
                      Mackie is decent Jeezee just because he was at Plymouth it doesn't mean he is sh.it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuzsakyIsGod View Post
                        Mackie is decent Jeezee just because he was at Plymouth it doesn't mean he is sh.it.
                        Might be decent but is he gonna get us promotion...no chance. Will he create as many chance as Tarrabt...no chance. What did he do for Plymouth?

Would he get in the Middlesboro/Cardiff/Forest/Burnley/Hull teams.....NO CHANCE.

That's what we should be aiming at....

Comment

Working...
                        X