Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrow Borough

I come in peace!

I've been speaking to the harrow manager dave howell today and he's really keen to see as many R's as possible down there on Monday night. The club relies on the income from pre-season friendlies like these to keep going and it would be terrible shame if we started to lose famous names from the local non league circuit while football fans sit in pubs watching man utd and chelsea. I've included some quotes in the news round up but felt it was worthy of a bit more coverage so I copy them below. If you can get along tomorrow please do.

Howell said: “Our Vice Presidents and supporters have been working really hard trying to raise funds to keep football alive at Harrow Boro FC. The club are still in considerable financial difficulties but hopefully with the help of the support from the Super Hoops it will help us to survive another season. Last season towards the end of February we were lying just off a play off position but we paid the price for a disappointing end to the season and in the end finished around mid table. On a positive note I have managed to keep nearly all the players from last season and despite our financial worries I hope we can surprise a lot of people by pushing for a play off position.

“In the early to mid nineties while I was working as a player coach with Barry Fry at Birmingham City we won the Division Two Championship at Huddersfield’s Town’s McAlpine Stadium, where Neil Warnock was in charge. That same season Neil finished fifth but still managed to achieve promotion by beating Bristol Rovers at Wembley in the play offs final. I'm hoping along with many Super Hoop fans for promotion this season to the Premiership and wish Neil all the best in his efforts.

“I do have some new exciting and promising young players so it will be a great test for my team against a strong QPR XI. The following week on Tuesday, August 10, Birmingham City will also bring a team down to Harrow Boro. Both of these friendly matches are so crucial to the financial short term future of the club.”

Former Harrow player Albert Adomah moved from Barnet to Bristol City this summer, a ove that was predicted on LFW by Dave Howell 12 months ago. He said: “I'm confident that Albert Adomah will do well under Steve Coppell at Bristol City. Steve has been very impressed with Albert's performances and his attitude so far as they prepare for the start of the new season. I'm also pleased that Albert will be playing for such an experienced and respected manager. Steve was also an excellent right winger himself and he will be able to help develop Albert further by making him a better all round player.”

Kick off at Earlsmead, in South Harrow, is 7.30pm on Monday night and tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.

Thanks Clive, if I can get to the game tomorrow night then I shall be there and it will be my first pre-season game this year.

Comment

Worthy cause & good post. I will be there.

Comment

Used to play for Wealdstone.. dunno if I can set foot in Earlsmead!

I'll be there if one of my pals is up for it.

Comment

yeah

northolt are comming in numbers like the clouds in the sky,me and scarlet will be in emeralds at sudbury hill,we will sign autographs
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

By the way, very good article on Rowan Vine

Anyone who hasn't read it, should. Its a very good read
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Unable to make the game tonight but will go to at least one game during the season to make up for it for them.

Comment

Great post hope the club survives but can't pay a £10 to watch pellicori and co sorry

Comment

played junior football with dave howell and same school team.still friends with him.hes a top bloke.

Comment

Isit defo the reserves playing tonight?
                    Dubstep, Grime, UKG DJ & Producer

www.myspace.com/djspookj

Comment

Working...
                    X