South Africa Rd stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa Rd stand

How do QPR fans manage to sit there each season?

I have only ever sat there in pre season friendlies etc and I think a league cup game against Bristol City once and still cannot believe that this is considered to be out best stand

The legroom and crowded concourse (even last night) are unbelievable and though the Upper Loft is far from perfect it has far better facilities etc

fair point and being very tall I do suffer sitting there beefy but I do like the view.

I can't stand sitting behind the goal and I lose all aspect of distances.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I agree with WeAreQPR12, really love the view and can put up with being cramped for the 90 minutes. I just wish the bar was a bit closer to the platinum area as if you do go for a beer you never make it back before the second half due to the crush in the concourse on the way out.

Comment

I moved to C block from the upper loft last season. Both me and my son are quite tall, and we got our seats in row R. It is acknowledged that even by South Africa Road standards row R is narrower than other rows.
        They didn't beleive me, and went up there to measure it. They called back and said it was narrower, by an inch or so. How did this happen when the stand was built? We asked to change seats which as it was quite full anyway, and you don't want the piller blocking your view, wasn't easy. They came up with two seats in Row T, just in front of the press box. I sat in them and said we would take them. I said we would pick the new season tickets up from the box office before the next home game. When we went to get them, some other donught in the box office had sold them to someone else. Had a big row with them, and they gave us some seats in B block, which were on the gangway, so not to bad. We also got about £100 refund as we were moving ftom Platinum to Gold, and a letter to still get us into the Platinum Bar. We we put on the top of the list to get back into Platinum, and have managed to get back in.
        But getting back to your point, it's terrible that a fair percentage of fans will have this problem, in what is supposed to be our best stand.

Comment

C block row T eh?

All the best people sit there.

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
            C block row T eh?

All the best people sit there.
            That's what I thought! See you next Saturday.

Comment

Upper loft is where its at, can go outside for a smoke if you want...
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                Upper loft is where its at, can go outside for a smoke if you want...
                'legal' smoking areas as well from this season.

Noticed Stan James had set up stall in SAR. Presume they will be in the Loft as well.
                18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Originally posted by Macca69 View Post
                  'legal' smoking areas as well from this season.

Noticed Stan James had set up stall in SAR. Presume they will be in the Loft as well.
                  Yeah i heard bout stand james, and saw them in sar last night, can we bet on all games or just qpr? Cos i cant remeber from before...

There legal now are they! To be fair so many of us smoke out there they just let it happen...
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Working...
                  X