Should we have kept Stewpeas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morris View Post
    Considering on the official site NW has said the funds will be used to strengthen more, but also considering the other CBs we have don't exactly fill anyone with much confidence, and that includes Connolly.
    That's a tough one to call. He can be caught out when he seems to lack concentration, but when he's fully focused he is one of our best. Also he is the only centre-back who has any pace. On the other hand if we need to free up money for players, then it's not the worst decision we could have made, but Fitz-hall is injury prone, so that is a big worry. Personally I would keep him and let Hall go.
    Last edited by rangersroar; 30-07-2010, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
      Ramage,Hall and Stewart are all of similar standard,not really sure why people are so fussed hes gone.More importantly we have a right back.
      Because he had Pace and none of the others do, Hall and Connelly are perpetually injured as well, I think this one will come back to bite us in the bum

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        yes.

Jamie Mackie (Plymouth Argyle, undisc, possibly £500,000)

Leon Clarke (Sheffield Wednesday, free)

Paddy Kenny (Sheffield United, £750,000)

Shaun Derry (Crystal Palace, free)

Clint Hill (Crystal Palace, free)

erm, you need to add orr mate.

Comment

big heart passing crap

Comment

im not saying hes a better defender than the others - but his arial ability imo will be missed. Can anyone name anyone else in our team who wins as many balls in the air? Closest has to be Gorkks, but apart from that, nobody. In theory, Hall should win more balls being 6"4 - but seems to just climb on peoples backs and give away free kicks

Comment

If football was only played in the air, yes, but as it's played on the ground as well, then a big no.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Done well for us over the years but imo not good enough to play regularly for a team with aims of promotion (assuming we will be up there).

Shame to see him go but onwards and upwards.
                1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

nice bloke but he is a liability at the back. so no.

Comment

No, him and Ramage would go for me, with Orr in Connolly and Hall in the middle.

Comment

Good Luck to him. I really liked him. We` need better quality though if we are to win the league. which we will i think

Comment

Working...
                      X