Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damien Delaney out for three months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/8833495.stm

Ipswich Town defender Damien Delaney will be out for up to three months after undergoing potentially career-saving surgery on a blood clot.

The Irishman, 27, suffered a dead leg when training in the Netherlands on Thursday and had an operation that day and on Monday to remove the clot.

Town manager Roy Keane told BBC Radio Suffolk: "He was very, very lucky.

"There was a lot of bleeding and they had to open up his leg. It could have been the end of his career."

Town were in the Netherlands to face PSV Eindhoven in a friendly on Saturday, a game they lost 1-0.

"Saturday was a really good night for us, PSV were really strong," said Keane.

"They're very experienced and very quick. We missed one or two of our senior players but it's a great opportunity for our younger players and they all did themselves no harm. I'm delighted."

quick resign him
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Great. What a thread this is! How does this affect us in anyway. People who do posts like this do my nut in.

Comment

I'm sure that Ipswich are a Championship side and that Delaney is ex-QPR so I think this does meet the criteria of this forum:

QPR Chat, Championship, World Cup & Rumours

The fact that one of our ex-players could have died is also newsworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          I'm sure that Ipswich are a Championship side and that Delaney is ex-QPR so I think this does meet the criteria of this forum:

QPR Chat, Championship, World Cup & Rumours

The fact that one of our ex-players could have died is also newsworthy.
          Definitely newsworthy.

Comment

All the best DD,solid if unspectacular.Often spoke alot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
              Great. What a thread this is! How does this affect us in anyway. People who do posts like this do my nut in.
              You don't need to open the thread. With 15 posts and a Team Taarabt avatar to add to the forum...Excellent.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

After 15 posts I can see you are a veteran
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

this forum is murder for shite and treble and quadruple threads. so many people post a thread about something thats got 10 pages elsewhere.
                    but this thread is deffo worth posting, cant slate this one imho.

Comment

Just think Damien Delaney can rover from a career threatening injury in just 3 months.

Yet we can't even buy 1 quality striker that knows what a goal is about in 3 months.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

delany as a CB is a great player in championship. its just a crying shame we never realised this.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

gazza I wouldn't go that far mate!

I guess its a nice day I am thinking you have found a nice beer garden ok say no more...
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            gazza I wouldn't go that far mate!

I guess its a nice day I am thinking you have found a nice beer garden ok say no more...
                            i wish mate! just remember a few performances at CB.. one especially against us.. add that with reports from my ipswich supporting mate. he is a shocking left back. but a good centreback.

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Hope he recovers soon, spoke sense about Flavio and did a solid job for us

Comment

Working...
                              X