X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR return with second offer for Reading winger

Neil Warnock is determined to sign Jobi McAnuff

More...

Is this going to be yet another player we "chase" and "chase" with no hope/intention of signing??

Comment

''Another offer of around 1.5m''

..riiiiight

Comment

I read over a week ago,that we'd already made 2 offers,£1.5m then £1.8m but both offers were rejected and Reading wanted £2.5m.

Comment

Desperate spin. The sickening thing is that it is another despicable ruse to fleece supporters falsely encouraging them to buy season tickets. The disdain with which they hold the fanbase is staggering, imaging them to be that stupid.

Why don't they invite fans to line up and be spat on by the existing squad. One pound a go!

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
            I read over a week ago,that we'd already made 2 offers,£1.5m then £1.8m but both offers were rejected and Reading wanted £2.5m.
            Indeed, so did I. Think £2.5m is way too much but equally for QPR its a case of "a little less conversation, a little more action please." Perhaps Facto can provide the Youtube link...

Comment

I don't believe this for a second. Why would we have sold Routledge who is clearly better to spend similar money on McAnuff

Comment

I would prefer us to spend less and get Tommy Smith and use the other £1m to get a quality hit man.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Would rather Routledge TBH... seems silly paying more for McAnuff.. haha QPR

Comment

he would be a good player to get after the departure of routledge

Comment

I reckon we'll get him..................

He sat out of readings friendly against red star belgrade the other night. Reading mate said he was at the game in the stands, never know..
                      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

We must be the only club who can put in a second bid before weve even put in a first!

Comment

...stand by for quote from reading chairman "we have heard nothing from qpr about this at all."

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            Desperate spin. The sickening thing is that it is another despicable ruse to fleece supporters falsely encouraging them to buy season tickets. The disdain with which they hold the fanbase is staggering, imaging them to be that stupid.

Why don't they invite fans to line up and be spat on by the existing squad. One pound a go!

Do you really think that? You're likening the fact that we're in for a player as being spat upon - collectively - by the entire squad? I hope you're joking and I am missing the humour.

It's a lot of trouble to go to - I mean, to pretend to be in for a player just to up season ticket sales. How many season tickets would he add on? Not many, he's not Messi.

Call me naive, but I'm taking our interest in a good championship player at face value. Not saying it will happen, but I am happy to read this as intriguing paper speculation with (hopefully) a hint of truth - not some dastardly plan to pull the wool over eyes.

Not having a pop at you, but as one of those fleeced supporters who went for an early bird - perhaps like you - I want some quality signings... but we need some perspective here.

Comment

I'm likening the spin to disdainful treatment of faithful, loyal people who have strong feelings for the club and who are shamefully sold empty gestures to cover up a profit motive.

My analogy for the disdain of their customers is strong. I see a desperate marketing department stooping to any means to stimulate ticket sales. The article states that Reading want 2m and we are readying a 1.5m bid. It is hype, spin, blarney. They are selling snake oil.

I will admit that I have one of the more extreme perspectives.

Comment

Working...
                              X