Players contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players contracts

Ended at the end of June, why have we no news to which players have left and at the same time I thought we might have had a few good done deals.

NW might be giving everyone a second chance but the longer we go on this month the more worried I'm going to get in regards to losing out on players.

As some of you say "don't get your hopes up" and I agree but still think we will do well under Neil, he get's the team to fight and that's what we need.

Well we have signed 5 players, the two out of contract have until end of July to impress.

Comment

its only july ffs blah blah blah
      in warnock we trust blah blah 'ing blah

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
        its only july ffs blah blah blah
        in warnock we trust blah blah 'ing blah
        I know... I know.

Neil impressed me when he came to QPR by getting our current players to fight till the very end, we got some good results that we didn't expect to pick up as things were before his arrival.

Give him the whole season with the players he wants to bring and we should do much better then the season we just had, I know his looking to bring in a few more players which we hope will bring some goals to the squad.

I do trust the man and feel he is the right man in for the job.

Comment

Just wondering if I should be panicking just yet...? Let me check my diary...?

July 6th.

Nope, not yet.

Comment

That is not what I mean, players are being sold all the time now and the longer we leave it the less choice we will have in the market and therefor left with the players no one wants, I'd rather not buy for the sake of it.

Comment

why have we no news
              Because we're Rangers - we're just not very good at this transfer market lark.
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                That is not what I mean, players are being sold all the time now and the longer we leave it the less choice we will have in the market and therefor left with the players no one wants, I'd rather not buy for the sake of it.
                I take that point but this Transfer stuff isn't easy. For a start, if you are the agent of a player wanted by QPR and a good offer is on the table now, surely you would want to wait till near the end of July to see if a better offer comes along and not just jump in straight away?

Your player would be gutted with you if he rolled up here only to discover a Premier Club was lurking. eg: Speroni and West Ham? Clyne and Aston Villa?

One of the reasons for the delays is that everything has to fit and suit all parties and it's not just a case of "identify player, offer sheds to out bid rivals, job done."

Pretty confident we'll get someone decent on the grounds that they can't all turn us down.

Comment

Said that all along. Payday always falls on the 25th of the month so I would assume most contracts were up on the 25th June.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                    Well we have signed 5 players, the two out of contract have until end of July to impress.
                    Well that will obviously be at the high profile friendlies, which will really give Neil an idea of how they will play against the same sort of opposition we are to come up against
                    Queens Park Rangers
                    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                    X