Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can fans in the upper loft claim danger money this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can fans in the upper loft claim danger money this season?

What we're seeing in the world cup, is the ball we will be using for the next four years. What a joke.

It can bounce 20ft high at least, and long lofted thru balls are uncatchable. I'm wondering how much it may influence tactics from now on. It seems whipped in crosses from free kicks and corners won't happen as the ball won't come down quick enough. All you can do is float in gentler crosses, or short range up and unders.

Defenders will have plenty of time to see the ball coming from these situations. Ball rebounds off of players, ping away like those small 1" high bouncing balls we've all come across. High crossfield passes have to hit the player they're aimed at, or it will be over his head, and even then the time taken to bring it under control loses attacking momentum.

If you're in the upper loft, watch out. I hope there is a move to get it withdrawn. Would anyone like to offer me odds of no goals being scored direct from free kicks this world cup?

I agree - the skill levels witnessed so far have been pretty poor. Can't be ALL the players having off-days.
    Watching Portugal this afternoon - almost every ball out to Ronaldo ended-up running out of play.

I think FIFA have coc*ed-up on this one. Can never leave well alone can they?
    The simplest piece of sporting equipment you can get and they still fu** about with it.

Comment

I'm alright, obstructed view can be useful sometimes then.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

its ******, if everyone was saying this ball is crap before the cup started, why not change it?
        but saying that its only a fooking ball!

Comment

Reminds of those light balls you buy from the pound shop for the kids.

Anyone on here played with one of these new World Cup balls yet?

Comment

Funny how the only team thats looked half decent so far is Germany and they've been testing the new ball all season in the Bundesliga.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
              Reminds of those light balls you buy from the pound shop for the kids.

Anyone on here played with one of these new World Cup balls yet?
              yeah i have and to be honest i didnt find it too bad...and im a goalkeeper.
              mind you only played one game with it.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                yeah i have and to be honest i didnt find it too bad...and im a goalkeeper.
                mind you only played one game with it.
                The ball certainly seems to have more striking power than the old one (Germany's first goal), be interesting to see what speeds get clocked up, goalkeepers might get some unfair stick, especially with a bouncing shot in front of them (Algeria). Rob Green could be well down the list of howlers by the time it's over.

Comment

We will be using the new mitre ball this season

http://www.mitre.com/news/mitre-rele...nced-football/

Comment

I can see two thngs happening here,
                    1. It will be like back in the 80s, and how it was with the plastic pitch, bounce, bounce, bounce, so Plastic pitch syndrome. Or
                    2. With Neils style of hoofball play, when those windy nights come the ball is going to be blowing all over the place (staying in the air longer), making for a very unentertaining game.
                    Oh well yet again the game suffers due to another backward step imo, where they could have put the money into goal line technology which would have been a step forward.
                    Last edited by 80sCasual; 16-06-2010, 10:08 AM.
                    Queens Park Rangers
                    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                    X