Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch fans ejected for wearing mini Dresses. wtf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch fans ejected for wearing mini Dresses. wtf.

Check out this article, unbelievable.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/.../article/9312/
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Never mind banning mini skirts it's the bl00dy horns that should be banned :angry:

Comment

Agree Tracy they have really ruin any 'real' atmosphere.

Just sounds like a constant swarm of angry bee's
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Looks like a bit of previous upset the Mafia bosses at FIFA.

2006 FIFA World Cup
        At the 2006 FIFA World Cup, Bavaria Brewery caused controversy as up to 1,000 fans of the Dutch national football team donned orange overalls, called Leeuwenhosen, with the brewery's logo on them. The Leeuwenhosen, given away with the purchase of Bavaria Brewery products prior to the World Cup, was deemed illegal by FIFA in that they employed 'ambush marketing' at an event where corporate sponsors pay large sums of money to be official partners. With pre-warning from FIFA officials, staff at the game versus Ivory Coast asked fans to remove the overalls upon entrance to the game and provided orange replacement shorts without the logo.

Comment

I would have ejected girls wearing long skirts or, even worse, trousers, of course offering them the rational option of changing into mini skirts instead.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Great advertising for Bavaria - FIFA shooting themselves in the foot again.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...v-robbie-earle

World Cup 2010: ITV sacks Robbie Earle for breaking ticket regulations
              • Earle's tickets were said to be used in ambush marketing ploy
              • ITV confirms pundit will not be replaced

Robbie Earle was one of ITV's favoured World Cup pundits. Photograph: John Stillwell/PA
              ITV has announced the sacking of its World Cup pundit Robbie Earle after discovering he had passed scores of tickets to a third party in breach of Fifa rules, which were then said to be used by a Dutch beer company for an ambush marketing effort.

ITV, which has already suffered a welter of negative publicity after 1.5m viewers missed England's opening goal against the USA due to a technical issue with its high definition channel, said Earle's contract had been terminated "with immediate effect".

"Following claims by Fifa that official 2010 World Cup tickets may have been used for ambush marketing, ITV has reviewed its entire ticket allocation for the tournament," said ITV in a statement.

"Immediate investigations indicated that a block of ITV tickets would appear to have been used for unauthorised purposes during the Holland v Denmark match," it added.

"Further enquiries have revealed that a substantial number of tickets allocated to Robbie Earle for family and friends have been passed to a third party in breach of Fifa rules."

It is understood that between 35 and 40 tickets allocated to Earle ended up in the hands of the marketing company said to have orchestrated the ambush marketing effort on behalf of the beer brand Bavaria via a third party.

Thirty-six women in orange mini dresses were ejected from Soccer City during yesterday's match when Fifa officials decreed they were part of an organised ambush marketing scheme. They were questioned for several hours until after the match had finished. Bavaria denied the women had any links to its campaign.

Although ITV's coverage of England's draw with the USA peaked at more than 20m viewers, the post-match coverage was dominated by the error at Technicolor's London transmission centre that meant 1.5m viewers missed Steven Gerrard's opening goal.

It is not believed that Earle will be replaced by a new pundit but that his absence will be covered by the existing team.

A spokesman for Earle's agent said there was no comment at this stage.

Comment

Its all about money theses days!!

Comment

Killjoys, should have confiscated the miniskirts!

Comment

Working...
                  X