Alberico again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
    Yeah but he does have ability and very talented. Also he did win us matches that we would had lost, he's only going to get better and with the right coaching he will be something special.
    So you are saying we would have been relegated if Two Ball was not playing for QPR FC last season ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      So you are saying we would have been relegated if Two Ball was not playing for QPR FC last season ?
      He didn't say that. Don't try and twist it Mason.

Taarabt won us games on his own last season and would be a cracking signing if we get him.

You keep beating the two ball drum though

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
        He didn't say that. Don't try and twist it Mason.

Taarabt won us games on his own last season and would be a cracking signing if we get him.

You keep beating the two ball drum though
        "Also he did win us matches that we would had lost" was the comment and even you said "Taarabt won us games on his own last season" so on the basis we survived by 10 points, if he did not play in four of those games, we would have been relegated. Not twisting Morris, just going on what people say.

Comment

Ok let me explain.

There were many games were Adel had a blinder, ie, Preston at home, but we won 4-0 and he only scored 1 so I dont class that as a game he won us points in.

Games he won us points in single handedly were in my opinion (and I trust my opinion seeing as I went to 46/46 games last season) were only Sheff Utd away (1 point), Preston away (1 point) and Palace away (3 points). Total points - 5 points, which means we would have survived anyway. These 3 games he was simply unplayable and either scored or set up goals to get us points.

Note: the 3 games I mentioned were all under NW, which shows in a short space of time he managed to get Taarabt playing for the team more than he was before. If NW is given a full pre season to work with Adel I firmley believe that Taarabt will be a very dangerous player for us next season, and will give us an option that no other team in the league has.

Comment

great post that.

Comment

Ok let me explain.

There were many games were Adel had a blinder, ie, Preston at home, but we won 4-0 and he only scored 1 so I dont class that as a game he won us points in.

Games he won us points in single handedly were in my opinion (and I trust my opinion seeing as I went to 46/46 games last season) were only Sheff Utd away (1 point), Preston away (1 point) and Palace away (3 points). Total points - 5 points, which means we would have survived anyway. These 3 games he was simply unplayable and either scored or set up goals to get us points.

Note: the 3 games I mentioned were all under NW, which shows in a short space of time he managed to get Taarabt playing for the team more than he was before. If NW is given a full pre season to work with Adel I firmley believe that Taarabt will be a very dangerous player for us next season, and will give us an option that no other team in the league has.
              Fair comment but as you went to 46 of 46 games last season balance that up against the times in games we drew or were losing when he shot instead of passing to someone who would have had a shot at goal, as well as when he tried another stepover instead of passing to someone in space, who also would have had a shot at goal.

Comment

Both would be good.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  Fair comment but as you went to 46 of 46 games last season balance that up against the times in games we drew or were losing when he shot instead of passing to someone who would have had a shot at goal, as well as when he tried another stepover instead of passing to someone in space, who also would have had a shot at goal.
                  Agree hes not the finished article and he is very frustrating at times. But the point I was making is that in the short amount of time NW had him we saw glimpses of the player he could be if he learns that football is a team game.

Comment

How many drinks did I have at the Palace away game??? Tarrabt didn't win 3 points single handedly that day, not by a long shot. If there was one person who won us that game it was Faurlin bossing the midfield. Tarbs has had much much better days than that; because what I remember from that performance was twice screwing up opportunities to play Simpson through and a lot of wayward shots. He has won us points but definitely not that game

Comment

Ok let me explain.

You forgot the home game against Plymouth where he scored a pen (Buzsaky was on the bench, so if he wasn't playing, who else would have scored the pen?) He also set up the goal for Stewart to complete a 2-0 win.

I am not overly impressed with that list of players tbh.

Kenny - yes.
                      Ambrose - yes
                      Clarke - no
                      Mackie - no
                      Derry - not really
                      Hill - no
                      T (if it is Taarabt or Tosic) - yes, but I think it should be both.

I hope the other two are strikers who have a proven record at this (or a higher level). I would also like a right back to be signed becuase a it stands it could be Leigertwood, Ramage or Connolly to play there. The former doesn't seem to like the position and the latter two are better at CB.

Comment

Agree hes not the finished article and he is very frustrating at times. But the point I was making is that in the short amount of time NW had him we saw glimpses of the player he could be if he learns that football is a team game.
                        I agree with the above.

The improvement in Taarabt under Warnock was greatly visible. He worked harder for the team rather than play for himself and pased the ball more often.

I do see the point that Paul Mason is making though. Pre-NW, Taarabt was often guilty of messing games up i.e. the 1-1 draw with Palace when he could have passed to Watson rather than try and chip Speroni.

But as I said, under NW, Taarabt was more of a team player as well as providing us with great entertainment when on song. I would like him to be signed and we can see if NW can continue to transform him.

Comment

We know Neil has the backing which means he can go get the targets he wants, however he may think we have a good team and don't need that many changes or big names... I don't know but do trust him.

He came in and changed the results with the same squad of players and now has a point to prove with his own signings. We have not had a plan B and that is what he is working on so we can make changes during a game.

I agree with all of you that we do need at least one good goal scorer and again this player will not come in until July, we will have to pay a good price and feel we will do just that.

Next year our squad should be more stable and stronger, a team that will be hard to beat and one that will fight till the very end... just need that 20 goal man.

Comment

How many drinks did I have at the Palace away game???
                            I had hardly any cos the pr*cks run out of beer!

Comment

Originally posted by W12Ultra View Post
                              I had hardly any cos the pr*cks run out of beer!
                              "Sh*t ground no beer, sh*t ground no beer"

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                                We know Neil has the backing which means he can go get the targets he wants, however he may think we have a good team and don't need that many changes or big names... I don't know but do trust him.

He came in and changed the results with the same squad of players and now has a point to prove with his own signings. We have not had a plan B and that is what he is working on so we can make changes during a game.

I agree with all of you that we do need at least one good goal scorer and again this player will not come in until July, we will have to pay a good price and feel we will do just that.

Next year our squad should be more stable and stronger, a team that will be hard to beat and one that will fight till the very end... just need that 20 goal man.
                                Spot on.

Another point is that we have to keep an eye on the wage structure and all that. So no need to spend big when not needed really.

It COULD also be that a player like Leon Clarke will turn out to be a tremendous signing.
                                Last edited by Shania; 09-06-2010, 06:33 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X