Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-season tour announced

R'S HEAD TO CORNWALL

The R's pre-season campaign will begin with a tour of Cornwall in mid-July.

Neil Warnock's charges will play three matches on their seven day tour, culminating in a fixture against League Two outfit Torquay United at Plainmoor on Friday 16th July.

The full fixture list is as follows:

Tavistock AFC v QPR - Monday 12th July 2010 - 7.00pm kick-off

Bodmin Town v QPR - Wednesday 14th July 2010 - 7.30pm kick-off

Torquay United v QPR - Friday 16th July 2010 - 7.30pm kick-off

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Warnock said: "It's something I've done in the past and it's always been a good start to the pre-season campaign.

"I know the area very well and I am comfortable with the facilities and the standard of the pitches on offer down there.

"They're not overly competitive games, but it will be a good opportunity for the lads to ease back into things and show me what they're made of."

And Warnock is encouraging R's fans to make the most of a pre-season tour on home soil by showing their support, adding: "It's a wonderful part of the country and a great place for the fans to come and support us.

"I'm sure there will be quite a few Rangers supporters who make the trip down to cheer us on and they'll be most welcome."

The Club is also pleased to confirm a friendly against Crawley Town on Thursday 29th July 2010.

The R's will lock horns with the Blue Square Premier outfit at the Broadfield Stadium, in a 7.45pm kick-off.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...050241,00.html

I have been to Tavistock a few times. I was mean't to be there with work last week. A lovely lttle town. Never saw their ground though.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

right whos doing the torqay game then????

i think a weekend in devon is required??

any one doing a bus there please confirm let me know ?

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

I will certainy try and book a week down in devon, depends on weather my son can get the time off from his job.
        They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by GL Paddok Nutta View Post

Confirm that I will be doing a bus there - always have a week or two in Cornwall during July
          The bus however is already full for the trip down and back but anyone around the Crantock area can hitch a ride to the games as it will only be me plus the lad and father-in-law heading to the games
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by GL Paddok Nutta View Post

Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

i need to get on me bike then goddard thats nice =(

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                R'S HEAD TO CORNWALL

The R's pre-season campaign will begin with a tour of Cornwall in mid-July.

Neil Warnock's charges will play three matches on their seven day tour, culminating in a fixture against League Two outfit Torquay United at Plainmoor on Friday 16th July.

The full fixture list is as follows:

Tavistock AFC v QPR - Monday 12th July 2010 - 7.00pm kick-off

Bodmin Town v QPR - Wednesday 14th July 2010 - 7.30pm kick-off

Torquay United v QPR - Friday 16th July 2010 - 7.30pm kick-off

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Warnock said: "It's something I've done in the past and it's always been a good start to the pre-season campaign.

"I know the area very well and I am comfortable with the facilities and the standard of the pitches on offer down there.

"They're not overly competitive games, but it will be a good opportunity for the lads to ease back into things and show me what they're made of."

And Warnock is encouraging R's fans to make the most of a pre-season tour on home soil by showing their support, adding: "It's a wonderful part of the country and a great place for the fans to come and support us.

"I'm sure there will be quite a few Rangers supporters who make the trip down to cheer us on and they'll be most welcome."

The Club is also pleased to confirm a friendly against Crawley Town on Thursday 29th July 2010.

The R's will lock horns with the Blue Square Premier outfit at the Broadfield Stadium, in a 7.45pm kick-off.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...050241,00.html
                Any news on who the London Premier league team friendly is against?
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

All three for me ,Ideal...... Oh and Warno has a Gaff in Tavistock so maybe we can all crash back at his after the game...lol

U RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

bruv and me hoping to go all three, bet Cornwall will be surprised by the friendly invasion
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Really looking forward to pre season as these matches will be locals for me..
                      Not sure why the club announced it as "The R's pre-season campaign will begin with a tour of Cornwall in mid-July" when both Tavistock and Torquay are in Devon
                      We got our Ranger's back!

Comment

Working...
                      X