Insideman is an inposter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two things (if true):

1) Sounds like Flavio has taken a leaf out of Newcastle's book (ala Shearer deal - save us and we'll pay you loads of dough)

2) Doesn't this strike anyone as a tacky, quick-fix, knee-jerk, headless, Chelsea/Man City way of achieving promotion, rather than a well-considered long term solution?

However, if it works I won't be complaining!
    Last edited by Minty; 01-05-2009, 12:16 PM.
    Be nice to Minty

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
      Two things (if true):

1) Sounds like Flavio has taken a leaf out of Newcastle's book (ala Shearer deal - save us and we'll pay you loads of dough)

2) Doesn't this strike anyone as a tacky, quick-fix, knee-jerk, headless, Chelsea/Man City way of achieving promotion, rather than a well-considered long term solution?

However, if it works I won't be complaining!
      I thought the same its a tad ala Shearer.

But whos to say were doing it the wrong way, i mean we all want the same thing for this club, imo what difference does it make we pay the guy weekly, or we give him a lump some. In fairness to our owners its smart business.

I do stress i wouldnt want us to have more problems!, but just say el tel didnt work out and got the sack the only money thats been spent is money the board have spent on NEW players. Its a win win situation for the fans and the board. We get the new players we want, and the board dont spend to much on a managers contract. Lovely jubbly Rodney
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Wasn't Harry Redknapp going to do this deal a couple of years back, and in fact - isn't that the deal John Gregory was on?
        Nothing new.

Comment

Ok all sounds great in principal, but what manager would consider taking a job without basic pay with a club that have a recent track recpord of sacking managers long before they've had a season in the seat.....

On that basis they must have massive payoff's pre arranged just in case. The logical thinking would think what'sthe point, they could be in the hunt for playoffs and have a few bad games and get the chop....

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered! View Post
            just say el tel didnt work out and got the sack the only money thats been spent is money the board have spent on NEW players. Its a win win situation for the fans and the board. We get the new players we want, and the board dont spend to much on a managers contract. Lovely jubbly Rodney
            Good point there.

I just hope it doesn't mean the board will be more trigger happy than usual because there's no compensation to pay out if he's sacked (assuming, of course it's true).
            Be nice to Minty

Comment

Working...
            X