We can only go down on goal difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can only go down on goal difference

If Sheff Wed win their next two games, Palace win their next one and we lose our next two, going into the last game Sheff Wed will have the same points as us, with a worse goal difference, and Palace will be one point behind with a better goal difference. Sheff Wed, and Palace are playing each other in the last game. If we lose to Newcastle, and Sheff Wed win, we finish above Palace. If Palace win, we should finish above Sheff Wed on goal difference. If it's a draw Sheff Wed finish one point ahead of us, and Palace finish above us on goal difference. If Palace hadn't got their late equaliser then we should have been OK, as the worst case scenario would see us finishing on the same points as Sheff Wed, with probably a better goal difference.
    So we need one point, or Palace or Sheff Wed not to win all their games, and we will be safe.
    I think that's right.

You lost me at 2 + 2 equals 4
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
      If Sheff Wed win their next two games, Palace win their next one and we lose our next two, going into the last game Sheff Wed will have the same points as us, with a worse goal difference, and Palace will be one point behind with a better goal difference. Sheff Wed, and Palace are playing each other in the last game. If we lose to Newcastle, and Sheff Wed win, we finish above Palace. If Palace win, we should finish above Sheff Wed on goal difference. If it's a draw Sheff Wed finish one point ahead of us, and Palace finish above us on goal difference. If Palace hadn't got their late equaliser then we should have been OK, as the worst case scenario would see us finishing on the same points as Sheff Wed, with probably a better goal difference.
      So we need one point, or Palace or Sheff Wed not to win all their games, and we will be safe.
      I think that's right.

Ah, what a relief we dident win today then
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Don't forget to take away the number you first thought of, and add your age.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev´s wife View Post
          Ah, what a relief we dident win today then
          W do like making life hard for ourselves.

Comment

We will get one more point from our remaining games. 2 of them are against teams with nothing to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
              W do like making life hard for ourselves.

Yes, it seems like it.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Come on you blades.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  We will get one more point from our remaining games. 2 of them are against teams with nothing to play for.
                  Easy to say, but who is gonna put the ball in the back of the net, we create lots of chances yet just can't seem to put them away, oh well there's always 0-0 draws to hope for, it still gives us points.
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Hopefully be all over by 3...once Wednesday have failed to win. A draw or a defeat makes us safe...mathematically.

Comment

Job was done at Palace, that was the most important game of the year.

Now on Tuesday we can help Watford ot go down.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I would love to send Watford down.

Comment

Unless Newcastle put 8 or 9 past us on last day!!

Comment

Wednesday beating Utd 1-0 at the moment.

Comment

:angry: come on utd!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X