What a performance, what a result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a performance, what a result

After a 4-0 mauling at Leicester, I can't say that I was that confident going into the relegation six-pointer at Crystal Palace today.

But unlike a number of big games where we've taken a massive away following - apart from the Sheffield Wednesday promotion party a few years ago - we showed up and were well worth the 2-0 victory - despite a terrible pitch.

Early on, Stewart went off after a clash of heads, and his subsitution - with Simpson coming on - turned to be a blessing in touch. Ramage went into the centre, and was absolutely sensational from start to finish. Gorkss - who got the second goal with a header from a corner - looked comfortable playing alongside him - he certainly had more trust in his than Stewart - and Liegertwood's performance in Ramage's place looked inspired. Legs had one of his best performances of the year - I didn't shout at him until the 87th minute!

In the midfield, Faurlin and Buzsaky were revelations. Buz' finish was absolutely brilliant to get us the first goal, and both players worked their butts off. Hogan Ephraim wasn't great, if we're honest, but he battled, and Tarrabt had flashes of brilliance (if his final ball was once again a little too late, meaning that Simpson was mostly found offside).

Up front, I didn't think that I'd be saying that Priskin deserves more plaudits than Simpson, but today, he did. After having a awkward first half, he worked his #### off in the second, coming back for challenges and looking a shadow of the - in Christian terms - the complete #### that he was in his first game at Peterborough. Simpson - despite looking like he was struggling with his hamstring- simply didn't have 'it' today, if we're honest. He had two or three bad misses - and one miss where he was desperately unlucky.

But that would be bitching. We won 2-0, and for me, this was one of the away performances of the season.
    Last edited by alexferguson60; 11-04-2010, 01:49 AM.

have my doubts about Simpson,i think he is overrated,not bothered whether we buy him or not

Comment

I like him and hope he stays

Comment

Working...
      X