Palace report and other comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace report and other comments.

OK, got a free ticket sitting with Palace friends in the Arthur Wait stand.

Good atmosphere - especially before the game with both sets of fans knowing how important this was. Looked a very good crowd.

Mates told me that at Palace you can buy a ST for 2 years a reduced rates. If they get promoted in the first year of your ST, you get the second year free. Why don't we do 2 year STs?

Palace were awful - I know people talk about Holloway and hoofball, but this was worse. Much worse. Hoofing when there was no one to hoof too. I can't understand how a team can practice for a week and then produce such abysmal football. But that's their problem not ours.

And how fantastic to have 3 talented ball players like Buz, Faurlin and Taarabt in one team. They showed their quality today. And we had 5 (I think) young/youth players on the bench - nice to see.

I thought it was going to be a bad day for us when the player I had bet on to score the first goal was injured after 5 seconds and taken off! Get well soon Stewart.

Cerny - didn't do anything wrong and did a lot right including a fantastic save in the first half at short range when I thought Palace must score.

Legs - did well. Solid, and passing was ok too.

Gorkss - some fine interceptions. Nice headed goal. Still doesn't look at 100% of his form but formed a good partnership with...

Ramage - top performance. Solid, no problems with his passing - looked good. Please don't send him back to right back. Please!

Tosic- fabulous debut (besides simulating being smacked in the face!) - reads the game well, good passer/crosser and looks a classy player (may have troubles with a speedy winger tho?). One bit I really liked was when we took a throw in on the left and as usual almost every player was with 10 meters of him. Legs went out on the right, and Tosic saw this, threw the ball in to Faurlin (I think) who was able to pass it on to Legs in space. Good eye for the space on the field. Keep him please!

Ephraim - got stuck in, but still seems a bit like an 8 year old playing in a U10 league. Just can't beat a player to deliver good crosses.

Faurlin - I know he a got a bit of stick earlier in the season but, my, what a classy player. Wants the ball and can use it well. Lots of lovely touches. I like the way he is bossing the other players now (and his reaction at the end of the game showed how motivated he is) - I really feel his confidence at being in this league has shot up 100% since earlier in the season. He bossed the game.

Buzsaky - I feel he's not 100% happy at the moment. When Faurlin was trying to tell him what to do, Buz didn't want to engage with him. Lovely goal and lots of nice things but I think there's another 15% more from him to come. Faurlin and Biz could be a top centre-mid partnership.

Priskin - he is not a wide midfielder and imo shouldn't be playing there. Tried hard, had a few chances but if he plays it should be up top.

Simpson - seems to have lost some pace (and motivation) since earlier in the season. Some nice things but he was better earlier in the season.

Taarabt - blimey, the boy can play. More tricks than a well-paid prostitute. Occassionally furstrating (and he when he shoots he wants to whack the leather off the ball rather than placing it) but mostly a joy to watch (especially when we win!) It was his corner for Gorkss's goal - a well wprked move.

Parker - only played a minute or so.

David
    Last edited by davidla80; 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM.

Top report mate!

Comment

Great report cheers
      Ramage for England

Comment

Working...
      X