Adebola Vs Blackstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adebola Vs Blackstock

Pete has said we aren't getting Adebola but would he have been a good signing?

This Season:
    Dexter Blackstock
    Minutes played: 2797
    Goals Scored: 13
    Assists: 2
    Minutes per each Goal: 215 (2.38 matches)
    Minutes per each Assist: 1398.5 (15.53 matches)
    Minutes per Assist/Goal: 186.4 (2.07 matches)

This Season:
    Dele Adebola
    Minutes played: 2647
    Goals Scored: 10
    Assists: 7
    Minutes per each Goal: 264.7 (2.94 matches)
    Minutes per each Assist: 378 (4.20 matches)
    Minutes per Assist/Goal: 155.7 (1.73 matches)

Championship 2005 to Date:
    Dexter Blackstock
    Minutes played: 9771
    Goals Scored: 38
    Assists: 14
    Minutes per each Goal: 257.1 (2.85 matches)
    Minutes per each Assist: 697.9 (7.75 matches)
    Minutes per Assist/Goal: 187.9 (2.08 matches)

Championship 2005-to Date:
    Dele Adebola
    Minutes played: 11465
    Goals Scored: 40
    Assists: 17
    Minutes per each Goal: 286.6 (3.18 matches)
    Minutes per each Assist: 674.4 (7.49 matches)
    Minutes per Assist/Goal: 201.1 (2.23 matches)

I'll let you debate what this means.

i personally rate adebola and although he may not be the future and the complete answer, he would be an improvement on what we have and is a good player. Id be happy if we sign him as hed be a bargain on a bosman - but would like to see someone younger signed too, along the lines of Lita

Comment

Forget Adebola... it means blackstock has scored 38 goals in 4 years. It is not good enough for a team with I hope ambitions for playoffs. Both do not have a good record so neither in my eyes are that great. The thing is with these silly stats is that Heskey doesn't score loads of goals yet he merits his england place for his physical presence and holding the ball up. I don't think your looking at attributes that adebola has that blackstock lacks
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Adebola maybe a good squad player, but should not be good enough for a starting 11 spot for a team that have aspirations of going up.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Dont want either of them to be honest

Comment

Still offers alot more to our flair players than blackstock would so Adebola for me but its like offering me either 5 pence or 20 pence, neither 1 is hardly life changing.

Comment

EYR unfortunately SirPie loves a stat. He is a big big blackstock fan even though he plays that down. Having either is not really showing any ambition. Blackstock has the touch of a league 1 player and I would fancy Pete to be quicker over 60yards.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                EYR unfortunately SirPie loves a stat. He is a big big blackstock fan even though he plays that down. Having either is not really showing any ambition. Blackstock has the touch of a league 1 player and I would fancy Pete to be quicker over 60yards.
                I do love a STAT. I do love a good debate too.

You have your opinion on Blackstock and I have mine. You believe he is poor and I've never argued against this. I've consistantly said that he is the best striker we have and until we have 4 strikers at the club who are better than him then we should not sell.

Who do you think we should sign to replace Blackstock?

Comment

me !!!!!!!! cant do any worse
                  WE ARE QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfell_R`s View Post
                    me !!!!!!!! cant do any worse
                    So why aren't you a professional footballer then?

Comment

Unfortunatley (IMHO here) the stats show Blackstock to be a decent centre forward,thing is until you actually watch him play then you realise he is very limited.
                      No skill,no real pace,lack of muscle and 9/10 times a **** poor shot with little or no power

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                        Unfortunatley (IMHO here) the stats show Blackstock to be a decent centre forward,thing is until you actually watch him play then you realise he is very limited.
                        No skill,no real pace,lack of muscle and 9/10 times a **** poor shot with little or no power
                        The thing is if we watch most strikers in this division 20+ times a season we would probably say the same thing about them. The fact is that Blackstock is the 9th top scorer in this division. Would another striker had scored more with all the chances? Maybe. Do we know for definite that he would have scored all the goals Blackstock has scored? No. All strikers that miss more than they score look bad but his record in comparison to HH, Agyemang and SDC is fantastic.

Comment

firstly

this is a fantastic example of why sirpiechucker was so many times in my top ten posters
                          the change over has cost us side show bob who seems to have deserted us and returned to the dot org

fantastic post sirpie you are so precous as we try to re build our reputation

YOU AND KLR AND FACTOMONDO HAVE STAYED LOYAL.......now my thoughts well i still think dexter could play for the full england side....as you know i was very much a critic of sousa
                          dexter had a terrible seaon last year scoring only six goals.....he is a young man not 23 untill may hes only a baby
                          he desperately needed a manager who had experience something that sousa DIDNT HAVE
                          SOUSAS DECESION TO DROP DEXTER FOR THREE GAMES WAS TO UPSET HIM HE NEVER EVER SCORED AGAIN
                          dexter needs a manager who can be like a father to him...he is a sensative sort of bloke
                          dele adebola can be a reasonable signing but he will always miss open goals he has never had that lethal shooting ability that furlong had
                          but if we get him then fantastic but i wished we could get simon cox as well
                          I AGREE WITH SIRPIE THAT WE NEED FOUR LETHAL STRIKERS

Comment

Every club who wants to go up should have 4 good strikers fighting it out for 2 places.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

he wouldnt improve our squad, no better than agyemang, helguson or dicarmine.

Comment

Working...
                              X