Just got back - player ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back - player ratings

Firstly, I have to say what a fantastic all round performance that was today. Our support was fantastic and it was a well deserved victory in a game that we pretty much controlled from the start to end. Here are some that stood out for me today...

Cerny - 8 - Considering he hasn't played since January, I thought Radek was fantastic today. His distribution was good, he pulled of one world class save in the first half when their man looked destined to score and he actually commanded his area really well! There was a great rendition of Cerny, Cerny Cerny! at the end it's good to have him back.

Gorkss and Ramage - 8 - After the horrific Stewart injury, I think a number of fans were worried about Ramage playing at CB today but he played with composure and the bravery that typifies his character. Gorkss was back to his solid self and the formed a great partnership. Hope it continues!

Faurlin - 9 - A battling performance and MOTM for me. He was everywhere and at the heart of most of our attacks. He broke up play brilliantly and once again showed a lot of class and composure on the ball.

Taarabt - 7 - I'm not a huge fan of Taarabt even though I don't dislike him. Today summed his style of play up for me. He had a few moments of skill that left Palace players standing motionless but gave it away too many times and took the ball too far on too many occasions when he should have passed or got the shot away. The shots he did have were generally woeful.

Buzsaky - 8.5 - Very close to being MOTM in my view. It was like watching the Buzsaky of old with an outstanding goal that flew past Speroni. When Stewart got injured he had to take up a more defensive role in midefield with Faurlin as a result of Legs moving to RB and his work rate was superb. He tracked back and put in some great tackles.

Tosic - 7.5 - First appearance in a Rangers shirt and an impressive debut. The guy looked strong and reasonably quick as well as good in the air. He wasn't tested too much on the wing but he did his job well and made some great overlapping runs.

Ephraim and Simpson had decent games for us. Ephraim in particular got back to make some solid challenges. Simpson held the ball up well but missed a couple of good chances. Unfortunately, in a team of good performances, I though Priskin was very average. I didn't really notice him to be honest and he didn't even win much in the air. Oh and before I forget, the ref actually had a good game! C'mon U RRRRSS!

cheers for that mate...seems all the reports are coming back as a good team performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
      cheers for that mate...seems all the reports are coming back as a good team performance.
      It was a GREAT team performance - am struggling to find any negatives to be honest - maybe Jay is still not 100% fit, but apart from that it was fantastic. We BATTERED them and could have easily won 4-0 with a bit more luck.

Great to see Buzz starting and scoring, Tarbs ran rings round Derry, Legs was solid.

It's all good, and the pressure is now off.

Comment

pretty much agree but i would have said taarabt better than buzsaky and a bit harsh on priskin, he didnt do much wrong, few shots on target and laid the ball down for buzsaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
          It was a GREAT team performance - am struggling to find any negatives to be honest - maybe Jay is still not 100% fit, but apart from that it was fantastic. We BATTERED them and could have easily won 4-0 with a bit more luck.

Great to see Buzz starting and scoring, Tarbs ran rings round Derry, Legs was solid.

It's all good, and the pressure is now off.
          only negative mate is dammo........

Comment

Working...
          X