Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what in reality do we lack to challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what in reality do we lack to challenge?

Goalkeeper - think we are fine with Cerny, possibly Camp as back-up or the much mooted Elvis.

Defence - in centre fine, we have serveral good quality centre backs at this level. At full back we are a bit lacking. Assumin Barrowdale makes no impression under the new manager we have Delaney and Ramage with Connolly able to fill in. We need maybe a couple of talented young full backs to act as competition and develop.

Midfield - I still feel we are strong in this area and it is a case of finding the right formation and having a manager who can get the best out of the players. We have Mahon and Legs as more defensive. After injuries we will then have Rowly, Hogan, Cook, Routledge, Miller/Lopez if kept on. Add in Buzz and maybe Vine in wide position and we have lots of good quality options.

Up front - the obvious problem area. Vine is pure quality in this division but excites me most when running from deep. Helguson not really done it but could do well with a good pre-season and some confidence building. Pat has the right attributes but doesn't seem to be able to do it consistently when fit. Is Angelo an out and out goalscorer? Can't help feeling Dex will be on his way. Good player but needs a strong presence alongside him to get the best out of him. I feel we need two new strikers, an established goal scorer at this level and a promising youngester we can develop.

Based on the above we are probably say 5 players short of what I think would make us strong play off challengers next season. If we can get in the right manager, let him actually manage, and buy those players next season could be very exciting regardless of who comes down.

It's not all doom and gloom really. Roll on next season.

imo we need 4 players. 2 strikers, 1 midfielder, and 1 defender.
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Goalkeeper - think we are fine with Cerny, possibly Camp as back-up or the much mooted Elvis.

Defence - in centre fine, we have serveral good quality centre backs at this level. At full back we are a bit lacking. Assumin Barrowdale makes no impression under the new manager we have Delaney and Ramage with Connolly able to fill in. We need maybe a couple of talented young full backs to act as competition and develop.

Midfield - I still feel we are strong in this area and it is a case of finding the right formation and having a manager who can get the best out of the players. We have Mahon and Legs as more defensive. After injuries we will then have Rowly, Hogan, Cook, Routledge, Miller/Lopez if kept on. Add in Buzz and maybe Vine in wide position and we have lots of good quality options.

Up front - the obvious problem area. Vine is pure quality in this division but excites me most when running from deep. Helguson not really done it but could do well with a good pre-season and some confidence building. Pat has the right attributes but doesn't seem to be able to do it consistently when fit. Is Angelo an out and out goalscorer? Can't help feeling Dex will be on his way. Good player but needs a strong presence alongside him to get the best out of him. I feel we need two new strikers, an established goal scorer at this level and a promising youngester we can develop.

Based on the above we are probably say 5 players short of what I think would make us strong play off challengers next season. If we can get in the right manager, let him actually manage, and buy those players next season could be very exciting regardless of who comes down.

It's not all doom and gloom really. Roll on next season.
      Very good analysis of the squad and one I agree with.

If Camp isn't kept then we will need to find a replacement as a serious injury to Cerny will leave us without a keeper who has first team experience.

I think you have the defence spot on. We are strong in the middle and although we have full backs they need competition and we could do with strengthening in that area.

The midfield is packed with ball winners and creators providing they all stay fit but the worry is what happens if we lose Buzsaky again? We don't have another natural attacking scoring midfielder. Ephraim can replace him but he doesn't score goals. I would like to see the club make Charlton an offer for Nicky Bailey.

As for the strikeforce I think you've hit the nail on the head. I would love the club to give a couple of proven youngsters the chance but not neccesarily need them as first team players straight away - they don't need the pressure.

Comment

We are not far off a good team,

I would say two quality strikers.

Comment

I really think we need to utilise the loan market better this year. We signed di carmine, ledesma, and parejo on long term loans and they havent worked.Granted taarabt was excellent but he arrived to late. If we could get bertrand from chelsea, parrett from spurs and taarabt if he is fit ,on long term loans then i believe we will be really strong.

Of course we still need to get that allusive striker, but i think the loan system could be the key next season.

Comment

Originally posted by McQPR100 View Post
            I really think we need to utilise the loan market better this year. We signed di carmine, ledesma, and parejo on long term loans and they havent worked.Granted taarabt was excellent but he arrived to late. If we could get bertrand from chelsea, parrett from spurs and taarabt if he is fit ,on long term loans then i believe we will be really strong.

Of course we still need to get that allusive striker, but i think the loan system could be the key next season.
            Agree. Another one who won't get games but won't be sold by his club is Michael Johnson at Man City. A loan for him was talked about before and I see no reason why we shouldn't target him in the summer. If Campbell or Wellbeck aren't sold then we should try and get one of them too.

No harm in trying even if these players do seem "out of our league".

Comment

yeh i agree i think we lack just a few decent strikers.its clear our defence is fine and i think if certain players stay fit were easily equipped to have one of the best midfields in the league with a great mix of defenisve midfielders creative and flair midfielders.
              although under de canio agyemang and vine linked really well upfront together could they do the same next season?
              frazer campbell would be a great signing but could we get him?
              "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Does anyone else think Balanta should be starting every week? He is quality IMO
                Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                0117 239 1217
                http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

more players with fire in their bellies

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                    Does anyone else think Balanta should be starting every week? He is quality IMO
                    Not yet. I think we should send him out to a League One team and get him scoring. Right now its too early to put that much pressure on some with such inexperience.

Comment

Working...
                    X