Is Defensive Play Appreciated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Defensive Play Appreciated?

Exciting and entertaining football is loved by everyone no doubt,teams that attack and play football in a great way are loved by everyone in the game.However is defensive play sometimes given to much criticsm? The game of football is not just about attack but defending to,and we have to remember its a sport,not entertainment.Teams play defensive for getting the results they need,is it such a bad thing?

teams in this league go to places like Wolves, Reading, Cardiff City ect ect and go for "Negative" tactics, despite the fact for them is the best way of getting a result.

Have to say, with the season we've had I don;t agree, but I suspect some will/?? Personally we played too defensive at home and in many cases it didn't work away either. You pays your money to be entertained in my view, but is that really it?

Whats your views.??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

when i played football many moons ago my coach always taught us the best form of defence was attack......being defensive against any team invites pressure that is not needed....keep them on the backfoot and make them think about what you are going to do instead of worrying about them.
    Go into a game with negative tactics then you get negative attitudes.....which means if you lose you was probably expecting it.....

Comment

Chelseas defence/tactics last nite was outstanding.only team to stop barca scoring in over a year in the nou camp

Comment

All good and successful teams are built from the back. Look at the Liverpool teams in the 70's and 80's and the Newcastle team in the 90's under KK. Liverpool were very difficult to beat and they scored goals but Newcastle scored goals but leaked them too.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

chelsea and outstanding in the same sentence....unheard of

Comment

You can't lose matches if the opposition don't score but at the same time you can't win matches if you don't score. You need a blend of attack and defence.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
              Chelseas defence/tactics last nite was outstanding.only team to stop barca scoring in over a year in the nou camp
              True, but god was that a boring game of football :shame:
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

If you play in a defensive way then you MUST have a striker that is able to score the few chances that you will make. This season we defended well but we did not take many of the chances that we made. Blackstock, Helguson, Di Carmine and Alberti all missed open goals. If we had taken those we would of had another 10-12 points.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

When you build a team, most people know, you build from the back, then you find a strong spine, from cb, cm, striker, then hopefully the rest is added in time, for which may i add sousa wasn't given.

So yes you will be defence minded to start with, if you cant score then you dont concede.
                  They seek him here.................

Comment

It depends how you play it. Sousa had 5 in midfield. Some games were poor to watch and some games we created loads of chances even with 5. Decanio played attacking football in the first half, but then tried playing defensively in the second. Where we conceded leads 16 times 5 of those in the last few minutes. I got more frustrated with that than with Sousa's tactics. Also,apart from the Sheff weds game, the other 2 games since Sousa left has been poor. Who is to blame for that. Perhaps the fault,is that our players aren't good enough to play exciting attacking football consistently. Deanio also had oor matches, along with Dowie.

We don't have the players to create the Asenal type of football that we all crave. At the end of the day it's points that makes prizes

Comment

i enjoy good defending and clean sheets.

however i do like us to score now and again

Comment

To build from the back is the way a lot of top clubs do it,but it takes time.

Comment

The good old art of defending is needed.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

I have played as a central defender at a very high level. I would stay its not respected enough. You will never get the same glory as a centre forward but I also don't think you get a raw deal like a keeper and a mis firing centre forward so its all swings and roundabouts. I think Rio and Vidic shows you what a good defence can bring. It takes alot of pressure off your strikers so I can't understand why we have such an issue and keep collecting those 0-0 draws.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Is Sousa still coach? :bad_smile:
                              I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Working...
                              X