No announcement yet.

Sell Buz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Buz is ours so it needs to be financially worthwhile getting rid. I don't think we'll get the cash he's worth. Adel will just drift away I agree. But I'd keep Buz. He is a good player in this division. Plymouth still love him for good reason. He kept them up. And he has produced some class moments. Most recenlyt possibly the free kick goal after Watson was sent off against Reading at HQ. But there are plenty of others. I can't help thinking Warnock has a problem with his attitude or is worried about the reportys about him and Migilton. Otherwise he;d be a stone waller for a starting place in a relegation dog fight like Saturday and Barnsley and Watford. Certainly more so than Adel. Can't figure Warnock out on this at all.

Comment

Where do you play Buzsaky though,left right middle,off top?

Comment

our season collapsed, we had a slightly mad and v violent manager who headbutted buz and our best player was for some reason blamed and his career over. strange game, football.

Comment

warnock just gives verbal abuse as good as anyone;he has already decided to get rid of buzz;that is why he is not playing

Comment

Stainrod (odd call of rangers legend if you ask me but....) of course you are right. I find all of this bizarre.

EYR - I think he'd say he's best behind the front pair in the middle which seems to fit him well. But we don't play with such an obvious pairing so I think it comes down to this - we sold Routledge and Hogan is pants so we have a problem/hole down the right and he is best option to fill it that we have. May not be hois best niche but it helkpd the team at the moment. So down the right with license to drift in would be my call.

Comment

anyone who puts ideas/thaughts? after any post is just fishing for reply's. ideas/thoughts?
              My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Comment

Taarabt is not squad player and I think we sholud leave him alone!
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                  But if next season Warnock puts a 'Dogs of War' type team out certain fans will moan like hell as they want to be entertained
                  I want to be entertained, I want to see loads of skill etc, BUT I want to see us compete. So I think it's a matter of balance. I want a more "Dogs of War" team, but not a "Kick the carp out of everybody" team

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                    Stainrod (odd call of rangers legend if you ask me but....) of course you are right. I find all of this bizarre.

EYR - I think he'd say he's best behind the front pair in the middle which seems to fit him well. But we don't play with such an obvious pairing so I think it comes down to this - we sold Routledge and Hogan is pants so we have a problem/hole down the right and he is best option to fill it that we have. May not be hois best niche but it helkpd the team at the moment. So down the right with license to drift in would be my call.
                    Spot on

As for the legend bit, do you remember Stainrod's overhead scissor kick against Cardiff. Almost as good as Sinclair's in my book, then he followed it up in the same match with a screamer from outside the box. I loved the way he strolled around like an arrogant Rangers number 10 but had such incredible skill. Oh to have a striker of his and Clive Allen's quality now - that wd get us promoted...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      . I loved the way he strolled around like an arrogant Rangers number 10 but had such incredible skill. Oh to have a striker of his and Clive Allen's quality now - that wd get us promoted...

Well said sir
                      God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Isn't Buzz out of contract in the summer, if not next season for sure. There's not much transfer value there, but if he's not in the first team what's the point in keeping a player with the hump?

Comment

Buzz has undoubted talent, but NW values workrate -- and Buzz does go missing for long periods throughout the game.
                          That's probably why he prefers Taarabt, who is a hard worker and never far away from the action, often in the middle of it.
                          Think there's pros and cons for both, tbh, and we'll just have to wait and see what transpires in the close season.
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Mr Stainrod - I'd be lying if I say I remember his scissor kick. Which is bad of me as I must have been there - in the early 80s I was home and away and every cup game so I will have seen it. (Must have been 81 when Chelsea were down in Div 2 with - and below - us he he?). I do remember the swagger. He earned the right most of the time. He did do the business which helped take us up and do well there. But he will be best remembered as the one who made the 82 cup final happen. We would have gone out in the first round were it not for his goal at HQ and then the brace (inc extra time) up at boro in the replay. Perhaps legend isn't as odd a moniker as I thought. Perhaps he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Comment

Stanley, fully accept "legend" is over-used (eg cdnt agree with all those who thought Ainsworth a "legend": a useful player who battled hard for the club and by all accounts a nice guy, but hardly one of our greats). Suppose its because when I was a boy and Stainrod was in his pomp he was my hero (closely followed by Tony Currie, then Stevie Wicks and Glen Roeder). To me he was the kind of player who epitomises our club, or at least how most of us fans like to see our club: full of swagger and skill, on his day as good as anyone, but also with the ability to be utterly infuriating. And that is why I wd hope we do persevere with Buz - to me more than anyone in our current squad he is a natural Rangers player.

Comment

I agree with all of that. Including the fact that Buz looks comfortable in the No 10 shirt. I am pleased someone is flying the flag for Simon S. On reflection he clearly deserves more of it. I, of course, have hitched my wagon to a more obvious talisman but they were both of their time.

Comment

Working...
                                X