Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who think this season wasn't a disaster are complete...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those who think this season wasn't a disaster are complete...

Sorry for such a harsh title but if you think we'll go up next season then your as mad as DFE! With clubs like WBA who will now have money behind them, adding to that the likes of possibly Middlesbrough plus one of either Newcastle, Hull or Sunderland coming down plus the teams who are already in this division (who don't go up as 2nd in the league or via the playoffs), there will not have been an easier season for us to get promoted. We have missed out big time and for the board not to recognise that or for the players not to have pushed themselves a little harder means it's a complete disaster. My fear and worry is because the board never backed the club in January, then what makes us feel this will change going into the new season!

Our strike for next season would be 66 years old if we sign Adebola (34), adding Helguson (who will be 32 at the start of next season). This season we have the worst goal scoring record in the division at 41 goals scored and that is against a lot of poor teams. Can you see those two firing 20+ goals next season? This division will only get stronger and I can’t see the likes of Vine, Buzz and Rowland’s adding anymore than 15 extra goals to that between them so where will the goals come from. Agyemang has never ever been prolific wherever he has been and he has also never managed more than 30 games a season either. Vine too probably won’t start upfront and also isn’t prolific either, so where will these goals come from? This area is a must to be strengthened!!

Cerny despite his critics has done well and deserves his spot but I expect a strong young keeper to come in to compete with Elvis as Cole and Crowther will be off in the summer.

Defensively we are strong. I am happy with Rambo as RB (if need be). I believe he has got over the southern blues he was suffering from. Therefore at worse case we would see Connolly at left back, however I strongly believe a left back will sign (Spur if GP can get him at a cut price) along with the young Chelsea lad. If that happens the Connolly will be shipped back to RB and then Rambo will cover there.

Onto the midfield... Think Legs will join Wolves for nice money and so I hope Lopez stays. That would leave Buzz, Routledge and Vine with Mahon, Rowlands, Miller (if he stays) and Hogan as cover, plus Adel if we get him on the season loan. Cookie needs to hit the ground running otherwise I seriously think he was a waste of money. Worried we need another ball winner and someone in the mould of Watson. And possibly another creative winger but who is the question!

Sorry to put a downer on it, as I love the hype and build up to a new season but I really believe a lot of our supporters watch a different team out there on a Saturday afternoon to me!

agree 100% dazzer. Missed a big chance to go up this season as its gonna be a lot tougher now. Simple fact is we are nowhere near good enough at present and need some money spent to even compete for play off place next season. But will they spend or try to do it on the cheap?

Comment

Take a bow son, take a bow.

Comment

2,500+ ST sales so far = no capital to spend on new players.

Comment

Will be another season of on the cheap... We are not a million miles away. But we need possibly £5million plus the money from the sale of Camp, and possibly Legs & Dexter (if they do go) reinvested into the squad and then we would be a real force. They make a lot of that money back over the course of the season because that backing would put bums on seats alone so it would be money well spent!

Comment

Im more concerned about us ending up doing a Norwich or Soton.

Comment

Paul we don't agree too often but you are almost spot on with those figures... I will say though ticket sales are on the up. They were at about 20 a month a few weeks ago. Done almost 800 in the last 7 days apparently so obviously some think Adebola is a big name!!!

Comment

I agree that we needed and still need investment. I doubt though that Wolves will still want Leigertwood. Why would they? He doesn't have the quality for the Premiership and with Zokora wanting to leave Tottenham he is the defensive midfielder they should go after. If not him then Hamann is available on a Bosman.

I personally wouldn't play Connolly in either full back position because he should play at centre back alongside Gorkss. Spurr, Bertrand or even Michael Ball are all options at left back.

I agree we need a Watson type, someone suggested Nick Bailey earlier and I think he would be a very decent buy. Miller isn't needed especially with his wages as well already have plenty of players in central midfield.

There will be plenty of strikers swapping clubs this summer so we should keep our eye out and see who is available. If you want I'll write you a list of strikers who won't get much football next season or who are available to buy.

Comment

Wot about Otsemobor from Norwich - he is a very attacking right back but can defend as well and it looks like they are going down. Surely he wouldnt cost more than 300k???
                  CHAMPIONS
                  Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Rowlands Is A Fool Then He says in that loyalty point evening thing on Qpr world that this season has been positive , then Delaney got the mic and said is has been a dissapointing season , he sed how the changes and inconsist picking of the same Xl has effected them. Well done Damion . at least some of the players realise it was a tosh season

Comment

too many if's and but's to decide if anyone is mad or a fool.......will wait to see which one i am

Comment

if you think this season was bad, just wait until next year.we will all be chanting neil warnocks name whilst breathing through masks in the hope that we don't catch mexican pig flu

Comment

there is already a shortage of masks-so we are all going to contract this disease-it's going to be worse than the plague or black death.And we will have a Chinese manager so that we can raise our far-Eastern profile.Nobody will be able to pronounce his name-so we won't be able to chant it.

Comment

Have to agree Dazzer

Although I am well out of the loop these days, I would be more than surprised if the current board spent any serious money on new players or brought in a decent manager. I really don't think they will. I am afraid those of us who thought we may have seen the Promised Land in September 2007 may have been cruelly fooled.

Comment

may?
                              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Working...
                              X