Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is The Best Central Defender..In The Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mills is a CB but I don't think he is as good as St Ledger. I doubt Wheater would go to another CCC club - it's Middlesbrough or the Premiership for him.

I think along with Connolly, St Ledger is the best CB in the division but in a few weeks time when Burnley are relegated I'd say Bikey would give St Ledger a run for his money.

Comment

I wouldn't class Connolly as one of the best CBs in the league.

Two main attributes of being a top CB he doesn't have, pace and aerial ability.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        To be the best in this league you need to buy the best.
        nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post

Unfortunatly Morris you are right about Connolly. I do think he has potential and im a fan of his but he needs to improve.

Comment

I wouldn't class Connolly as one of the best CBs in the league.

I think he's good enough in the air and as far as pace goes, there are plenty of world class, let alone top CB's who don't possess this trait.

Lucio
            John Terry
            Vidic
            Puyol
            Ledley King
            Gary Cahill
            Sol Campbell
            Carvalhio (not that quick, anyway)
            Walter Samuel
            Christian Chivu
            Nesta

Other past greats such as Tony Adams proved this theory wrong too. As long as you have a CB partner who's got a half decent pace, you're fine providing you can read the game.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

We'll need a big strong CB next year - the ones we have now are all too easily bullied by the type of big thug of a striker employed by many CCC sides.
              What's Danny ****tu doing?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                I think he's good enough in the air and as far as pace goes, there are plenty of world class, let alone top CB's who don't possess this trait.

Lucio
                John Terry
                Vidic
                Puyol
                Ledley King
                Gary Cahill
                Sol Campbell
                Carvalhio (not that quick, anyway)
                Walter Samuel
                Christian Chivu
                Nesta

Other past greats such as Tony Adams proved this theory wrong too. As long as you have a CB partner who's got a half decent pace, you're fine providing you can read the game.
                Every CB you have listed there are all beasts in the air.

Connolly cannot win a header unless the striker is the size of Kevin Phillips.

MC also lacks the positional sense that the guys you have listed have, which is why they get away with not being the quickest.

Player with potential? Yes.

One of the best CBs in the league? Not in my book.

Comment

I massively dissagree on positional sense, hence whay I said he reads the game.

We'll have to agree to dissagree on this one. No biggie.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Every CB you have listed there are all beasts in the air.

Connolly cannot win a header unless the striker is the size of Kevin Phillips.

MC also lacks the positional sense that the guys you have listed have, which is why they get away with not being the quickest.

Player with potential? Yes.

One of the best CBs in the league? Not in my book.
                    He has the best positional sense in the league without a doubt. Iv said it before that the only centre backs most people notice are the ones who score such as st ledger, wheater. You need to watch the rest of there game. St ledger hardly looked a world beater on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Voiceofreason View Post
                      He has the best positional sense in the league without a doubt. Iv said it before that the only centre backs most people notice are the ones who score such as st ledger, wheater. You need to watch the rest of there game. St ledger hardly looked a world beater on saturday.
                      MC is obviously one of your favourite players so I understand you have to stick up for him, but I disagree.

Saying that I respect your opinion, I just have a different one.

Comment

Killgallon without a doubt.. could test the water with a 2m bid.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          Killgallon without a doubt.. could test the water with a 2m bid.
                          He's at Sunderland now.

Comment

Even at Peterborough, Sean St Ledger has been my man, so i'll go with him
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

He's at Sunderland now.
                              Is he? ******, then it would have to be Connolly .

Comment

Agree Wheater and st ledger are probably the best.

Like Hobbs from Leicester and Timar at Plymouth (if he's still there). Both monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X