NW pulls plug on Beattie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW pulls plug on Beattie

So if already been posted, Beattie wants £40k in wages NW has said NO.

Dont blame him to be fair Beattie aint worth that much

No worries, it has been posted but I'd say he is worth 20k not 40k.

He is one target in the summer, but he will have to drop his wage demands. We will spend, but won't be taken for mugs and the cap on wages will stand. That does make it difficult attracting premiership type players. Catch 22
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Not really, wages are only one part of giving money, sighning on fees and other perks are a way of making the deal attractive.

Comment

Players have lost out on their promotion bonus this season.

It was changed last season to encourage a big push, it didn't happen
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

He's good but certainly not £40k a week good.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            No worries, it has been posted but I'd say he is worth 20k not 40k.

He is one target in the summer, but he will have to drop his wage demands. We will spend, but won't be taken for mugs and the cap on wages will stand. That does make it difficult attracting premiership type players. Catch 22
            To an extent. He was banging them in before his bust up, so he can still do it in the prem, so I can see why he would want prem prices.

Ebanks Blake for example, I think could do it in the prem, would want far less than this and would be one of, if not the best striker in the league next year.

Comment

If we are going to sign Simpson then for me E banks blake isn't the type of striker we need. Warnock like a strong centre forward and Beattie does fit the bill perfectly.

I know 40k a week is alot of money but it would be money well spent because I think he would contribute alot as well as scoring 25+.

Newcastle haven't won the league by paying 10k a week.

This wage cap makes sense to a certain point but we won't attract premiership footballers at 15k a week. Get rid of hall and vine and surely bring someone in like Beattie. The amount of money waisted should be used on a player like him.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I don't think he's worth anywhere near 40k pw.

Comment

Not even if we went up?

Look Kitson who is another proven player in this division wanted 30k a week, if we are realistic of getting out of this league you need to pay the money. Newcastle kept hold of there big earners and romped this division.

Comment

Image rights are your friend here......

Comment

ok go on?

Comment

Strikers cost more in wages and fees. It is the way it is. If we seriously want to go up, we need to pay a fair but probbaly higher price in wages to a proven goalscorer. The return on that investment, if we choose well, would be more than worth having 5 average strickers, instead of 1 top notch and 3 decent support ones. We have German, who I think will grow in stature next season, as a support striker. We should get Helguson back IMO. We hopefully will have Adel and/or Simpson. Plus a proper top notch striker for this level such as Beattie (would be a fantastic signing).

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          If we are going to sign Simpson then for me E banks blake isn't the type of striker we need.
                          I'd take ebanks Blake over simpson all day long. Who would everywhere else prefer out of curiousity?

Back on topic 40k way too much imo, think the club has made the right decision. I like Beattie, good striker but he's trying to mug us off a bit

Comment

If beattie is wants 40k...use 20 a week of the clubs money and then get rid of vine and use his 20k to add on top.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

good player but 40g a week....madness!!
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X