Fulham v QPR.... are they really the blue print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulham v QPR.... are they really the blue print

People say well run club, good manager and a terrific result last night.

They have also done really well in the League and I have to be honest I'm quite jealous of how far Fulham have come over the past 10 years.

However....

Fulham are 200 million in debt if Fayed pulled out they would be in worse trouble than Pompey.

How an earth are QPR going to get to that level without the Mittalls throwing money at our club?

Would we be better off in League 1 but manageing our finances accordingly?

Be interesting to see what the fans on this site want...a well run poriftable self sustaining club, or beating Juventus at home in front of 23,000?

Over to you people.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Fulham are now a sustainable business model.

Their income matches their outgoings. The debt is historic - built up by initial purchases to get them into the PL and stadium development - and owed only to Fayed, which is, I believe, secured on the ground.

They are the perfect template and one, I truly thought, Briatore would have copied to the letter.

Fayed has been trying to sell for a while and had one of the Red Knights actively trying to get a sale done. Fayed though has overvalued the club and stadium by a considerable percentage.

Comment

You are not going to make any profit in League 1 either, no matter how well run the club is. Most of the top clubs are in debt, but that doesn't stop them from operating.

Comment

200 million investment to get the club up to a sustainable role model.

I wonder.

I'd also be amazed if Fulham are breaking even at the moment on gates of 23,000.
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
          200 million investment to get the club up to a sustainable role model.

I wonder.

I'd also be amazed if Fulham are breaking even at the moment on gates of 23,000.
          But what's £200m to someone like Fayed or Mittal - pocket money. I think they turned a profit last season, including some debt repayment to Fayed's holding company. Certainly will this season.

Gate receipts are not the be all and end all in the world of Premier League football. TV money blows it out of the water.

Comment

well we're supposed to be £35m in debt i thought and have done F*** all in the last 15 years. agree with Nodge here

Comment

Working...
            X