Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How have Reading won 7 in 8???

Pure insanity.

Totally reliant on hoofball. Without Stewart's sending off we would have cruised it against them. God they were so bad it's unreal.

I can only remember about 10 passes from feet to feet from their team and the majority of them were between their centre backs for them to hoof up.

They surely won't be a threat next season playing like that but I just can't figure out how they have been so brutal in their recent form?

Playing against ten men they had to gain a dodgy penalty and in the 88th minute had to wander towards the corner flag... proud of my rangers playing against 12 men and being so solid

I thought like last night they are just grinding out results,ugly wins but to be fair looking at their last few games they have scored a bag full of goals. I think we were one of the better teams they have played and that reflects in their fans comments on various Reading forums.

Comment

We've only seen them the once in those 8 games. The football they played in the other games warrented wins. Lastnight was testiment to us as they could not outplay us and resorted to hoofball.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

In my opinion they didn't 'resort to hoofball'. That was their plan from the first minute. Admittedly I was late in having to buy tickets on the gate but from the 7th minute onwards I didn't see a methodical passing game at all. All I saw was a big high kick. It was a shame really because with the ball on the floor Faurlin and Tarrabt would have had them all day but I really have a poor opinion on Reading's side and after their recent form I was expecting a high tempo game... instead I saw a ref who had an obvious distaste to us and a home side who needed a dodgy penalty to have us

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_rich View Post
          In my opinion they didn't 'resort to hoofball'. That was their plan from the first minute. Admittedly I was late in having to buy tickets on the gate but from the 7th minute onwards I didn't see a methodical passing game at all. All I saw was a big high kick. It was a shame really because with the ball on the floor Faurlin and Tarrabt would have had them all day but I really have a poor opinion on Reading's side and after their recent form I was expecting a high tempo game... instead I saw a ref who had an obvious distaste to us and a home side who needed a dodgy penalty to have us
          Which is exactly what I meant. They knew about Taarabt and Faurlin. Good homework from the manager. They aren't on a good run through pure luck. This guy clearly knows his strengths and other teams weakness'

Very much like our own Neil Warnock, you could say?

If you can't win pretty, win ugly. Points are what's important. I may be doing him too much justice, but I refuse to believe a poor manager can get a team like Reading who were stripped of any confidence and looking certs for relegation prior to his appointment.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

We made them look bad. Other sides such as Bristol City are ****e.

Comment

Working...
            X