Fans of other clubs still need educating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans of other clubs still need educating

I am still finding it really difficult to make fans of other clubs realise that Warnock won't be just another short term manager (in their opinion).
    All i seem to hear is 'he is just another manager until we get bored again'

Is anyone else having this problem with fans of other clubs who do not know about the Mittals takeover of Briatores shares due to not being so publisised, and that we look to be a changed club since the change of owner?
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

I don't think it really matters what other fans think.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
      I don't think it really matters what other fans think.
      Not really, just in conversation in the pub with mates etc.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

well the club was v low key about the whole thing, it wasn't presented as a takeover so suppose you wd have to be pretty into your football to notice what is (superficially) a pretty minor change at a struggling champ club

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
          Not really, just in conversation in the pub with mates etc.
          Oh right, then yeah it can be a little frustrating putting these fans right.

Comment

I am finding it difficult as well but I find if I mention stability often enough i get a response.

mind you the response is usually a burst of laughter ans a "come back and talk about stability in a month or 2 eh"

Which i guess is fair enough, easy enough to talk the talk lets see if we walk the walk this time
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

agree. to people outside of qpr they have no idea of the significance of the takeover (even if they know it has happened).

they dont realise we have different people with different attitudes in charge now. i also think this is the problem with some of the palace fans being angry because he left for us - who they think will sack him soon.
              Queens Park Rangers Til I Die!

Comment

They may have a point, to be fair......

After 10+ managers over 2.5 years, the only way of changing others opinions will be over time and keeping NW for over a year. (Probably even longer !)

Currently it's promising, but it's still VERY early days. What if this time next year we're nowhere near the playoffs, or worse still fighting another relegation battle ? Will the Board get itchy feet ? Who knows ?

I certainly hope not, everyone at the club is using the stability word, which bodes well. But the proof will be in the pudding and that means Board sticking to their words and NW achieving what is expected of him.

The other problem I have with Non QPR firends is they all say "now Flavio has gone.......", at which point I feel duty bound to point out, he's still here, just with less of a say and shareholding.

Comment

I agree 80's... but I am 100% certain NW is here for the long term, we have super people in charge now & stability was the absolute top of their list so whatever any other muggy fan thinks fk em....we know better.

Comment

It cd actually work to our advantage. After the initial takeover there was huge hype about us. then nothing really happened, just upheaval and chaos. we have now fallen off the radar of the average football fan. cd see neil warnock quietly assembling a blinding championship squad next season and before anyone has really noticed us we cd be storming away with it next year. OK, so I'm probably getting a bit carried away, but you know what I mean...

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      I agree 80's... but I am 100% certain NW is here for the long term, we have super people in charge now & stability was the absolute top of their list so whatever any other muggy fan thinks fk em....we know better.
                      yeah spot on ric. also u cant really blame anyone outside our club for thinking what they think, i mean if what happened here happened at any other club i think id be saying the same. but like i tell my mates just wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                        yeah spot on ric. also u cant really blame anyone outside our club for thinking what they think, i mean if what happened here happened at any other club i think id be saying the same. but like i tell my mates just wait and see
                        haha your right mate the amount of times like yourself i've said 'wait & see' i'm sick of saying it. Its so clear things are 100% different now but people are not convinced....thats fine by me we will just go about our business.

Comment

Working...
                        X